Audi A3 RNS-E aux help

x1prince1x

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to this forum,
Basically, I have an audi a3, 2011 reg, and have recently put in a RNS-E sat nav headunit, and want the aux to work. i have seen that i will need the adapter with the part no 1J0 972 977 G, but im a little confused on how i will wire it all up, i dont want to ruin anything else.
my car has the aux adapter underneath the handbrake,
any help would be great!

even better if anybody can do it, preferably in Manchester!

cheers

its really easy. but you will need to code it.

There is a polish guy in swinton who does this via ebay

search for his seller name
dziugi
s.gif
( 1070
iconRedStar_25x25.gif
)
s.gif
icontrsmini.gif
s.gif

He did mine and is brilliant !!! Fitted my mk2 RNSe for £ 400 all in.

I cannot recommend him highly enough

thanks guys, lgooch, i have seen items from DZUIGI, i may contact him if he can jus fix the aux. if not looks like il go through the way mike has posted. I managed to pick the screen up for 280 with the 2012 maps because the guy who i bought it off thought there was a fault with the screen. so got a bargain none the less!

I think he said he charges £ 20 for the aux in job

This included the multiplug and coding. It literally takes 10 minutes.

He is good. A top lad !

just text him, hes going to do it today all for £25!
cant go wrong.
thanks alot for your help, i wouldve probly ended up chopping some wires maself and ruining evrything! ha!

all done, thanx gooch

Apologies for the thread revival...

Wife has a 2009 A3 which had an RNS-E unit with working aux jack in the centre console. Some nasty sod broke in and stole the unit, the replacement is a revised item with no CD/TV button and no other apparent way of selecting the 'aux in'. As far as I know the wiring is still intact from the aux plug to the RNS-E but I cannot find an option anywhere to select it. Does anyone know how you go about this, is it a coding issue or does it require some manipulation of the wiring.

thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

Sounds like you've got the Media button instead of the CD/TV button now then? Have you clicked this and then selected Source with your MP3 device running/playing something via the AUX in jack in your centre console?

Yes, It has the media button, I have tried that, but I just get a list of the memory card slots, DVD and cd numbers.

Dave

...and you had your MP3 player plugged in, playing something?

It's probably a little bit of coding. NHN is your man on here, he's very knowledgable on the RNS-E units and the coding etc. Maybe drop him a PM.

Yup, iPod on and playing but still no joy.. I will do as you suggest and send a pm to NHN, thanks for the advice.

dave

Will be a coding issue mate, as your new unit is most likely not coded in for aux.