Custom Interior Mods, have you done anything a bit special and can you help?

aga54321

Reaction score
I'm looking to do an interior a little on the theme as below. Has anybody done anything like this with there gear knob and surround?

The din below the RNS looks good as well but i guess ill never get hold of one of them :(

I think those air vents are possible when the new A3 comes out and parts are available? As long as there not a million pounds each and they actually fit.

If you have any pics of what you've done please post so i can gather some ideas :)

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought it was a bit small
3audia3clubsportpictureue4.jpg

i have looked into it, entirely possible but the gear knobs are hens teeth, and extortionate from audi was going to get mine gaitered rather than onto an alloy base

as for the switches youd have to go custom Buy toggle switch online from RS Components

Thanks so much, any help is appricated! I can get something made if its
problem just didn't know where to start. Looking forward to see what you can find me :)

I have a flat bottom steering wheel with a custom centre piece made by the Westside VW crew. There's only 2 of us with this steering wheel. ;) Will need to get pics soon when fitted!

Lol Nathan started with a touch of purple... Then just got carried away :ninja: :wub:

Here are a few of my interior... Mk2 tt vents, mk2 tt sline gear stick, mk2 ttrs flat bottom wheel, carbon fibre trims, custom red stitching on leather and custom red piping on carpets, pioneer double din unit... And loads of other stuff... Here are the pics:

251a7704.jpg

d7e13963.jpg

8a6ce125.jpg

if youre already double din they fit yes, id love ians stuff just cant afford it, would go nicely in your car though make him an offer ;)

if youre already double din they fit yes, id love ians stuff just cant afford it, would go nicely in your car though make him an offer ;)

It is quite expensive but very nice, I wonder how much just the centre console would cost?

I know they fit just wondered how much they are and the part number, any idea?

its custom work lad, just give ian a pm he may split the items up

I know it will be too much. I can do it myself ;) I'll carbon a whole dash for probably like £500 so I could do my centre console for like £300. Just not sure if I want to do the whole console in carbon or part leather.

He's done a great job though especially this custom vent surrounds which look amazing! I need to find a gear knob :/

Lol Nathan started with a touch of purple... Then just got carried away :ninja: :wub:

Here are a few of my interior... Mk2 tt vents, mk2 tt sline gear stick, mk2 ttrs flat bottom wheel, carbon fibre trims, custom red stitching on leather and custom red piping on carpets, pioneer double din unit... And loads of other stuff... Here are the pics:

251a7704.jpg

d7e13963.jpg

8a6ce125.jpg

im lovin this i want this,,, where can i get it from? thanks

I know it will be too much. I can do it myself ;) I'll carbon a whole dash for probably like £500 so I could do my centre console for like £300. Just not sure if I want to do the whole console in carbon or part leather.

He's done a great job though especially this custom vent surrounds which look amazing! I need to find a gear knob :/

How much would you be to do the centre console like ians including the leather

I don't get this fake carbon wrapping, looks utterly gash.

Reactions: cdj3.2

251a7704.jpg

d7e13963.jpg

8a6ce125.jpg

Good effort but for me this has ended up a mish-mash of styles/themes ...

im lovin this i want this,,, where can i get it from? thanks

If you mean the carbon pieces then its just 3M carbon that has been wrapped by myself onto the trims.

Good effort but for me this has ended up a mish-mash of styles/themes ...

can you explain a bit more? the car isnt complete yet but im still curious to know what you mean by a mix?

I can have a look into it if your seriously interested? Have to find out how much i can find a centre console for.

My car is going off the road as I have a new Daily ready to show prep the s3 so I would be able to supply the centre console but rather than. Carbon fibre I'd be anting a piano black finish

TT FBMFSW, Sline gear knob, S3 Vents, a few carbon bits, sline black headlining, metal pedals, cant remember what else..
DSC_0068-1.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

Just bear in mind that the interior pieces in carbon are going to get a lot of heat and will suffer shrinkage if not done properly. If you look at about 90% of the carbon work on show cars it will be suffering serious shrinkage due to the heat.

Good luck getting around that issue.

Now here is mine......and its pretty much shrink free

75EF2A80-C303-462F-B7F7-18F37D6E40D8-9752-00000793FA1C8343.jpg

c7b76e5b.jpg

3b9a3b81.jpg

Its all for sale now so PM me if anyones interested.

Reactions: pod_4 and N8
Oh and just to show what I mean by shrinkage, here is a pic of a well known european RS4 that is covered in carbon, the rear boot piece is shocking due to the heat, so just think how hot a dash and console get!

85864081-5399-4552-87AF-4FC77344E2FF-1533-00000129F7144E8C.jpg

Reactions: N8
Ian, how have you got around the passenger airbag deployment with that leather wrapped dash? i was told that the airbag wouldnt be able to rip through the leather?
i wanted to wrap my dash in leather like the RS6 has but gave up the idea after i was told that.
the RS6 has a separate piece which is not leather wrapped where the airbag deploys

Just bear in mind that the interior pieces in carbon are going to get a lot of heat and will suffer shrinkage if not done properly. If you look at about 90% of the carbon work on show cars it will be suffering serious shrinkage due to the heat.

Good luck getting around that issue.

Now here is mine......and its pretty much shrink free

75EF2A80-C303-462F-B7F7-18F37D6E40D8-9752-00000793FA1C8343.jpg

c7b76e5b.jpg

3b9a3b81.jpg

Its all for sale now so PM me if anyones interested.

The heat won't be an issue. They currently carbon fibre interiors of engine bays for supercars such as lamborghinis which have V12s and more heat than a cockpit will ever get. They have been doing it for 9 years and never had this problem, it's autoclaved. However I'm sure there are a lot of people that get the process wrong and end up with shrinkage, i for one have never seen it and have seen a lot of carbon fibre but then again I'm not talking about jap or vag shows.

You wont see shrinkage when a part has been done in an autoclave, the reason the parts are shrinking is because the majority of carbon skinned parts made in the UK are hand laid and no autoclave is used and subsequently the resin takes longer to cure and then post cures in heat i.e. in the sun which is where you get shrinkage.

Have you got any examples of the work?

A web site?

Reactions: N8
Love the center console bit... covered in both leather and carbon... if that fits a sportback would love to do that to mine...

how much does that mod cost?

Alisdair

Hi Nate,
Would you know how much that would cost?

A

For anyone interested Ian's dash is now out of the car, ready to be boxed up for the next owner.

Paul @ C6 Carbon did it.

51cc0c5a.png

He wants £1500 for his leather dash and his console.

Paul is a Carbon legend, his workmanship is second to none. He is also a decent chap, just a pity he is booked up until Early Edition 2013.