Flickering Xenons

Si Jar

Reaction score
Picked up my new sportback black edition yesterday and driving home noticed the light flickering when going over any bumps in the road, anyone else had this? If so what was the outcome. Being a new car i will obviously get the dealer to sort it out but like to have a bit of ammo before calling them.
Thanks
Simon

is the light flickering on and off or does it wobble as if the light is loose. Could be a dodgy ballast or loose light unit

I recently done a conversion to projector headlights and I have noticed this at first my level motor had become loose, I sorted this and it still does it. Possibly a side effect of the stiff suspension not really sure. I've noticed mine only does it over harsh bumps like steep speed bumps.

Mine has done this since new. It's a black edition also. Up until this point I thought they all did this, I thought it was the self leveller thingy

Both my Mini2 and current A3 with adaptive lights will do this going over bumps.
Never noticed this in a previous 2004 A3.
Could be the way they are made.

Mine does this too, its got adaptive lighting so I though it was normal due to the gimbals??

Thanks all for the replies, i will pose the question tomorrow to my supplying dealer and see what they say.
Simon