the mr muscle sticky vanes cleaning job.

SHAKEY LFC

Reaction score
has anyone done this on the a3 2.0 tdi and is it easy any problems later and what are your thoughts on doing this job.

sounds easy job but not sure on weather to do it or not.

plus my turbo wines and whistle loud dont know if thats normal but it loud and that at low revs.

Un-Sticking Your TDi VNT Turbo Vanes.....

You will find loads of oil burners have tried this and to good results, i would bit slightly worried about the wining though, that dont sound good.

Drop Vagworld a PM he is really good with the oil burners

why does the wining sound worring is the turbo on its wayout?

o god hope not only just got the car about two months ago.

Like i said i would ask Vagworld, but wining turbo usually means it requires a re build.

There is a good place in Skelmersdale - AC Turbo's. I had mine done as i tried the Mr Muscle cleaning but it was to far gone. £260 comes back like new.

Does it smoke ??

thats handy if it is to far gone not to far for me.

only when i put my foot down and there isnt to much smoke and it looks clear smoke to.

Just done a quick search for you at yes its is natural for the turbo to make some noise but if this is excessive then the bearings are going, it may also just be dirt, do the Mr Muscle thing and see what its like after

You will have to remove your turbo and take to them as it is a shed on a farm, good lads though the owner used to work for Garratt

right ok cheers ruffrida will have ago on the weekend and will do the egr clean aswell.

dont know if its been done and i am taking bolts off by there anyway.

will let you now how i get on.

thanks ruffrida

hopefully i want have to but if that the case then thats not a problem will do that meself.

Its ok bud, it aint hard, just messy, yeh do the EGR aswel, mine was that bad i just bought a delete kit instead

if i done that tho i would get the engine light up on me dash tho wouldnt i,my car has been remapped aswell.

Cheers again thats the 170 and there is a 2006,wonder if it will be the same for mine as mine is a 140 and a 2005.
Cant see it been any different so will phone up where i got the map done see if he has the map for it.