Audi mobile sat nav (from Audi dealers)

Matty-m

Reaction score
Came across this on eBay item no - 221026791371
Its official audi sat nav retrofitted in to a3 ? Is this new or has anyone any experience of this item there's 2 on eBay one for £199 one for £399 thanks for any comments in advance

Some more info

AUDI NAVIGATION MOBILE FOR THE A3 RANGE
IT CAN BE INSTALLED WITHOUT THE NEED FOR SUCTION CUPS OR VISABLE WIRING AND IT INTEGRATES WITH THE VEHICLE'S SOUND SYSTEM. ADDITIONALLY ,THE AUDI NAVIGATION MOBILE IS REMOVABLE FOR JOURNEYS ON FOOT OR BICYCLE.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS --
* FITS SEAMLESSLY INTO THE INTERIOR OF THE VEHICLE , BOTH SECURELY AND UNOBTRUSIVELY WITHOUT ANY VISIBLE WIRES
* DOES NOT REQUIRE WINDSCREEN MOUNTING THEREFORE AVOIDS LEAVING SUCTION CUP MARKS AND HELPS TO IMPROVE VEHICLE SECURITY
* SOUND INTEGRATES WITH VEHICLE AUDIO AND OUTPUTS VIA THE VEHICLE'S SPEAKERS
* TOUCH SCREEN CONTROL OR VOICE COMMAND VIA THE ACTIVE CRADLE ( included with installation package)
* UNIQUE FINGERPRINT SENSOR ENHANCES THE SECURITY OF THE UNIT
* PORTABLE NAVIGATION UNIT WITH 44 COUNTRIES
* INCLUDES SOFTWARE DVD, USB SYNCHRONISATION CABLE, VOUCHER FOR MAP UPDATES AND QUICK START GUIDE
* BUILT WITH HEADPHONE SOCKET

TECHNICAL DATA --
* 12-CM (4.7INCH) SCREEN WITH 65,536 COLOURS AND A RESOLUTION OF 480 X 272 PIXELS
* 4GB INTEGRATED MEMORY
* WIDTH : 133MM , HEIGHT : 90MM , DEPTH 21MM
* WEIGHT 191G
* BATTERY LIFE FROM A SINGLE CHARGE : 2.5 HOURS

ROUTE OPTIONS --
* AVOID TRAFFIC WITH TMC AND TMC PRO ( dependent on region)
* ADVANCED LANE DISPLAY FOR CLEAR ROUTE GUIDANCE
* CHOICE OF FASTEST ,SHORTEST OR MOST ECONOMICAL ROUTE
* ROAD SIGN DISPLAY
* ROUTE MANAGER - SPECIFIC ROUTES CAN BE MANUALLY EXCLUDED , FOR INSTANCE
* EXTENSIVE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION , EG AUDI PARTNERS , PETROL STATIONS , RESTAURANTS
* SPEED ADVISOR WARNS DRIVERS IF THEY EXCEED THE MAXIMUM SPEED INDICATED IN THE MAP DATA

COMPATIBILITY
* A3 (AB2-FACELIFT) 2006- 2008
* A3 (AB2-PA) 2009 -

COMPATIBILITY
* A3 (AB2-FACELIFT) 2006- 2008
* A3 (AB2-PA) 2009 -
* A3 CABRIOLET 2008 -
* A3 NF (AB2) 2003 - 2007
* A3 SPORTBACK (AB2) 2005 - 2008
* A3 SPORTBACK (AB2-PA) 2009 -
* RS3 SPORTBACK (AB2-PA) 2011 -
* S3 (AB2-FACELIFT) 2007 - 2008
* S3 (AB2-PA) 2009 -
* S3 SPORTBACK (AB2-PA) 2009 -

PART NUMBERS -- 4G0 051 235 ( AUDI NAVIGATION MOBILE )
8P2 051 259 ( INSTALLATION PACKAGE )

I quite like it as its genuine Audi but everyone to they're own and all that don't think I'd pay £400 but I might be tempted for £200 I've got a tomtom but don't like wires so this would suit me depends upon how new this product is as to see if anyone has any experience of it ??

It'll probably have just as many wires as a TomTom - if they bother you that much surely there's a hardwire kit available?

No experience of that particular Audi unit, but I have 80,000 frustrating miles of experience with my in-built Audi sat nav. Redirecting me around non existent traffic jams, directing me straight into stationary traffic, getting me to within a mile of my destination and then just giving up because that's the best it can do with it's poxy 5 digit postcode ability. Just thinking about it makes me want to get a TomTom and gaffer tape it over that stupid in built Audi crap.

I used both the built in sat nav (rns-e 2012 glossy black)and (new widescreen one) stuck to the window on the way to Luxembourg. Let's just say the sat navs behaved very differently.

Audi sat nav - " turn left "

Garmin sat nav "turn right"

Audi sat nav - time till destination 3 hours

Garmin sat nav - time till destination 45 mins.

They might look half decent, but jeeze it really isn't great at all.

Hi Matty,
Did you ever buy the audi mobile sat nav system.
They are still on ebay but cheaper still now at £175
Googled to get a review and the only thing to come up was your thread from a year ago
Any feed back would be welcome, like you the fact it's an audi product and no more wires makes it look attractive
many thanks
Duncan