Dash Warning Lights - Water Ingress?

Thomo

Reaction score
Hi All

I recieved my new Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition (Glacier White) last month and have had issues ever since. The car has been in the garage twice but looks like it needs a third visit as the same issue happened on Friday night.

Basically to cut a long story short whenever I wash the car I get warning lights on the dash when I go for a drive. I have had the amber ESP light come on and stay on, the amber brake warning and the headlight warning lamp. The garage believed the fuse box in the engine bay was at fault for allowing water to get in and cause a short but this has been replaced and didnt fix the problem. When i drive along the road and pump the brakes a few times then restart the engine all the lights are off. On the day that i picked up the car is started lashing down with rain when i was driving it home and the ESP light came on and stayed on when i was crusing at 60mph on the motorway, I wasnt impressed!

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Any feedback would be greatly apprecated as I am at the point where I just want to hand it back.

I had a 57 plate S3 prior to this and had no issues whatsoever, maybe i should stick to buying from the approved used cars showroom.

Looks like you've got a "friday car" :keule:

I'd be checking every single seal on the car.

Even the door seals or bonnet seal etc and check all the sensors for moisture.

Electrics are funny things, its probably something stupid like water leaking down the window seal into the door and touch a speaker wire or something!!

I have a feeling its going to be a long process of elimination...

Hand it back and ask for an R8 in the meantime, or at least a ropey RS4:search:

Feel for you :sorry:

Had this on a Golf Mk4 years ago not long after we picked it up from new. It turned out to be a loose earth strap... It caused all sorts of weird lights and when you locked it the wipers went!! Strange...