Audi Bluetooth and Samsung Galaxy S3

reepers

Reaction score
Thinking of replacing my iphone 4 for the Samsung Galaxy S3 as opposed to getting the iPhone 5 and completly getting ripped off for bascially the same phone lol.

My concern is if the S3 bluetooth will be compatible with my Audi RNSe + bluetooth, i.e. will the contacts and SDS(partial) work with this. Works a treat with my iPhone but dont want my car bluetooth to be rendered useless if i get this as an upgrade.

I have a 06 A3 with the old (non chrome knob RNSe).

Cheers in advanced!!

Works ok with mine, although I'm using the rsap adapter at the moment

Aye, heard it works with the rsap but not too sure regarding without this! Hoping a member will come along and say "Ive got one and it works a treat!" haha

Just thought id update this thread for all those that might be intrested.

Got my Samsung Galaxy SIII and all is well! Connects perfectly to the audi bluetooth, so all is well. Thought i could get a DockBoss+ connector to work for the ipod connection ive got in the car but it jsut says error connecting. Ah well, back my good old ipod nano haha.

Oh and i final thanks to those who text me with reassurance that the bluetooth would work! You know who you are :)

Just got the Galaxy S3 and it works with my bluetooth better than my HTC (no issues at all with full functionality)

I was struggling with connecting my Samsung S3 to Audi A5 2010, which used to work perfectly with iPhone 4S. I got the following from Samsung:

The most common Bluetooth profile that car manufacturers use is called ‘rSAP’, but unfortunately Android does not support this profile at this time. This means that car communication may be hard to achieve since this profile is designed to allow full control of the phone through another Bluetooth device.

Please try the following process, as sometimes it will make an improvement on the connection, depending on which profile your car uses:

1) Turn on Bluetooth

2) Go to Settings > Applications > Running Services > Look for ‘Bluetooth share’ (there should be at least two) and select the first one

3) Under ‘Services’ at the top of the screen it should read ‘BluetoothPbapService’, if it says this, please select ‘Stop’, if it says something different, try the next ‘Bluetooth share’ under Running Services

All Samsung phones support Bluetooth profiles, so this process will attempt to stop the Android OS controlling the Bluetooth and allow the device to control it instead.

This will need to be performed every time Bluetooth is connected to your car. In my case I only did it one and it resolved the problem and I don't need to do anything now.

Reactions: K.A
Hi guys,

I just purchased an 2012 Audi Q5 and I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I noticed that when my phone connects to the Bluetooth in the car, it does not pull in all of my contacts. I have not imported my contacts because the car is able to connect to my phone and retrieve my contact from my address book, but I can't seem to figure out why some contacts do not appear. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

On another note, I am unable to stream music from my phone through the Bluetooth. I have been able to do this on other cars. Is there a setting I need to enable to make this work?

Hi mate,

After the initial connection, check your phone to see if there is a pop up asking you to authorise the device. Sometimes you need to do this to let your phone know its safe to release the phonebook (or something like that anyway).

Hope that helps
Mo

Hi mate,

After the initial connection, check your phone to see if there is a pop up asking you to authorise the device. Sometimes you need to do this to let your phone know its safe to release the phonebook (or something like that anyway).

Hope that helps
Mo

My phone did pop up asking to authorize the device and allow the car to connect to my contacts - which I accpeted. The issue is that it doesn't retrieve all contacts and I'm not sure why. I tested creating a new contact and it won't retreive the new ones either - but it's not specific to just new contacts as contacts that have been stored in my phone prior to connecting to this car are also not appearing. I find it very strange that 80% of my contacts show up in the car phone directory after being connected via bluetooth and 20% don't.

I had that problem when I first connected my new Samsung S3, I have two google accounts on my phone and it was only downloading from one, I merged the contacts to the one account it was downloading from. go to gmail on a pc and click on contacts top left and then import and then one of the drop down buttons is merge and delete duplicates.
worked for me, also if you have a lot of contacts it can take a while to retrieve them.
the one problem I have got is since changing phone when i receive a incoming call the music mutes as it should but it only rings through the phone not the car load speakers as before.
phone is running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 anyone any ideas?

I only have one google account enabled on my phone and I confirmed on my gmail account through a PC that all my contacts are stored in there. I've talked to Audi and they have no idea. I guess i'll try sending this to Samsung.

Hi there,

We've got a Q5 on order and I'm due to upgrade my phone. Whats best for compatability iPhone5 or Samsung S3? I fancy a change away from the all the powerful Apple but the Audi site says 'Addresses' are not compatible with the S3. I want to be be able to pull the address from my contacts and synch it with the SatNav. I know it works with Iphone 4 on an A5 because I used it last week on a hire car but will it work with an S3? Cheers N

Just thought I'd provide an update - after upgrading to Jelly Bean my issue has gotten worse. Before the upgrade, about 50% of my contacts would be pulled into the Audi directory, but after the upgrade only about 5%. I've tried some android / samsung forms and it doesn't appear anyone else is having this same problem

My Galaxy S2 (after its software update to 4.0.4) now decides to constantly drop its Bluetooth connection. Its a known issue that Samsung are trying to resolve apparently. My options are keep it plugged into a charger so that it doesn't sleep or just use my work Blackberry as my car phone. I opted for the second route. Good job I don't have many friends who call me on my personal phone!