Badger5Monster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 73 of 73
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Another dilemma

  1. #41
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,166
    If you lot don't quit it I'll Veilside your motors


  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    31
    After being stuck on the M8 a couple of years back with the bad snow in my Rx8 R3, I've been put off RWD for life.

    Good choice sticking with the S3 for now

  4. #43
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    perth scotland
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    Its called the GT86 as the engine ports and exhaust tips are 86mm......apparently!!

    DiscoStu - The Subaru BCZ and the GT86 are almost identical (same engine, transmission and almost identical interior) The only difference is the GT86 has a deeper front wing and rear valance. I nipped into the Subaru garage in Penicuik on the way to the Toyota garage just to have a look myself. So when you say the Scooby looks better........have another look with both cars together. When they were released even the top car mags got them mixed up.
    i said it looks a little better,,,,,,
    Audi a3 3.2 v6 sport back ,s-line, Dolphin Grey with factory tints, deg sat nav, bose speakers, 18 upgraded alloys, magnaflow exhaust, eibach pro kit springs

  5. #44
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    I prefer the S3 so stop yer wingin' youz lot or Ill get mad and you wouldnt like me when Im mad........I change colour.
    as long as its ibis white, i aint fussed lad

  6. #45
    Brodster's Avatar
    Shark Performance In Scotland

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    3,406

    My Social Networking

    Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Yes indeedy.......
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

  7. #46
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,487
    You have to keep your car Mark, its quite simply stunning, sunroof and all, lol. x
    Brodster likes this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  8. #47
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    2,623

    My Social Networking

    Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel
    If I were looking at buying an S3, then maybe I'd consider the 'Yota instead (though probably more likely go for the Scooby version), but I wouldn't make the move from an S3. Meant to be fantastic cars to drive, but small jap coupes aren't really my thing. If they did a version that was 30% bigger with a blown V6... and called it "Supra II"... now you're talking.
    Kelza likes this.
    Hunt is over

    1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

  9. #48
    gixerson's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    It's not nonsense, its an opinion. My friend has a 650bhp Evo, the car was scarey quick. Unreal power, delivery, handling etc etc etc.

    BUT.

    The speed limit is 30mph & it's a japanese lunch box. So again,

    Jap

    Crap.
    Problem is though an opinion based on inaccurate information is absolutely worthless.

    Out of interest is it cars that are made in Japan that are crap?
    Or cars from Japanese manufacturers?
    Or cars from Japanese designers?

    How you can base an opinion from the geographical location of a manufacturers historical location really makes me laugh


    For you information the speed limit on a motorway is not 30mph it's 70mph.
    You should also be aware that there is no speed limit on trackdays

    I'm 42 and have been buying, selling, racing and driving cars since i was 14, i've been fortunate enough to own and drive very many fantastic cars.
    Some have been from Japanese manufacturers, others from Europe, there has even been 1 or 2 from the USA and 1 from Australia.

    Some cars excel at certain things like feedback, others are fun in a straight line but struggle on corners.

    I can tell you from extensive experience though that it really does not matter where a cars historical location is, a good car is a good car and to close off many many good cars simply because of their manufacturers location is sad because you really are missing out on so many fantastic cars.

  10. #49
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerson View Post
    Problem is though an opinion based on inaccurate information is absolutely worthless.

    Out of interest is it cars that are made in Japan that are crap?
    Or cars from Japanese manufacturers?
    Or cars from Japanese designers?

    How you can base an opinion from the geographical location of a manufacturers historical location really makes me laugh


    For you information the speed limit on a motorway is not 30mph it's 70mph.
    You should also be aware that there is no speed limit on trackdays

    I'm 42 and have been buying, selling, racing and driving cars since i was 14, i've been fortunate enough to own and drive very many fantastic cars.
    Some have been from Japanese manufacturers, others from Europe, there has even been 1 or 2 from the USA and 1 from Australia.

    Some cars excel at certain things like feedback, others are fun in a straight line but struggle on corners.

    I can tell you from extensive experience though that it really does not matter where a cars historical location is, a good car is a good car and to close off many many good cars simply because of their manufacturers location is sad because you really are missing out on so many fantastic cars.
    Jap cars are ****

  11. #50
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,414
    Quote Originally Posted by max cady View Post
    Jap cars are ****
    A lot are,but then so are a lot of European cars.


    You can't dismiss them all out of hand for being "Japanese"......the current GTR is well up with anything here in dynamics,and the old NSX was a superb car for it's time.

  12. #51
    Turbo jay's Avatar
    Leather repair specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North west
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    A lot are,but then so are a lot of European cars.


    You can't dismiss them all out of hand for being "Japanese"......the current GTR is well up with anything here in dynamics,and the old NSX was a superb car for it's time.
    I agree!
    S3Alex likes this.

  13. #52
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,137

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerson View Post
    Problem is though an opinion based on inaccurate information is absolutely worthless
    My opinion isn't based JUST on geographical location though, so that was stupid of you to assume. I've been out in many Japanese cars. Whilst some (S2000 etc) may be fine to drive, the interiors etc are absolutely atrocious. Also it depends on what you are using the car for, what it's purpose is. Yes your right the limit on the motorway is 70mph, but again, your assuming everyone drives on the motorway.

    My opinion is my opinion, it doesn't matter whether I think Japanese cars are amazing, or if they are absolute rubbish. I'm saying that FROM my experience, they deserve the word "jap crap".

  14. #53
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    A lot are,but then so are a lot of European cars.


    You can't dismiss them all out of hand for being "Japanese"......the current GTR is well up with anything here in dynamics,and the old NSX was a superb car for it's time.
    no they are pish cos they are jap

  15. #54
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,166
    And therein lies the beauty of humanity, one mans gold is another mans dog$h1t, and it depends on what you value in your car as to whether you rate something or not.

    I share N8's dislike of Japanese cars from a cosmetic perspective because I think the majority have appalling design concepts and styling cues. The real acid test is when you look at them 10 years on they often age far worse than their European competitors. I detest Lexus' design concept across the entire range, and from the other brands I really dislike the visuals of the the Juke, the Qashquai, the Primera, the old Corolla, the Cube, mid lifecycle variant (early 90's) rounded Civic's.... the list goes on.

    However if you ask me do I respect Japanese engineering, I'll say yes; hugely. Fundamentally some are more reliable than German cars, and cars like the Honda NSX, the Honda Integra Type R, the Subaru 22B, the Evo FQ's, and the Nissan GT-R's have set standards in technical excellence that bloated Euro barges haven't come close to achieving in years. The Jap cars were comfortably achieving reliable 276bhp in the early 90's with their turbocharged lumps when the Germans thought 139bhp in a 16v Golf was a best in class benchmark standard! The seem to get precision engineering, but up until very recently when Euro designers have been employed in the Far East the clothing these cars were draped in has been less successful, inside and out.

    I think the most important thing to remember is:

    1. We're all entitled to our personal view (whatever that is)
    2. Our personal viewpoint is not fact, it's just an opinion
    3. If we all agreed the world and discussions within would be tedious as ****

    But that said, respect each other for your opinions and don't see it as a battle to change people's views to your own just if you don't agree with theirs, by all means present a convincing thought provoking challenge but be nice to each other ;-)
    N8 likes this.

  16. #55
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,414

    Another dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by max cady View Post
    no they are pish cos they are jap
    I bow to your superior knowledge and understanding.

  17. #56
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I bow to your superior knowledge and understanding.
    Working on the philosophy less is more I'll second that!
    S3Alex likes this.

  18. #57
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    And therein lies the beauty of humanity, one mans gold is another mans dog$h1t, and it depends on what you value in your car as to whether you rate something or not.

    I share N8's dislike of Japanese cars from a cosmetic perspective because I think the majority have appalling design concepts and styling cues. The real acid test is when you look at them 10 years on they often age far worse than their European competitors. I detest Lexus' design concept across the entire range, and from the other brands I really dislike the visuals of the the Juke, the Qashquai, the Primera, the old Corolla, the Cube, mid lifecycle variant (early 90's) rounded Civic's.... the list goes on.

    However if you ask me do I respect Japanese engineering, I'll say yes; hugely. Fundamentally some are more reliable than German cars, and cars like the Honda NSX, the Honda Integra Type R, the Subaru 22B, the Evo FQ's, and the Nissan GT-R's have set standards in technical excellence that bloated Euro barges haven't come close to achieving in years. The Jap cars were comfortably achieving reliable 276bhp in the early 90's with their turbocharged lumps when the Germans thought 139bhp in a 16v Golf was a best in class benchmark standard! The seem to get precision engineering, but up until very recently when Euro designers have been employed in the Far East the clothing these cars were draped in has been less successful, inside and out.

    I think the most important thing to remember is:
    1. We're all entitled to our personal view (whatever that is)
    2. Our personal viewpoint is not fact, it's just an opinion
    3. If we all agreed the world and discussions within would be tedious as ****
    But that said, respect each other for your opinions and don't see it as a battle to change people's views to your own just if you don't agree with theirs, by all means present a convincing thought provoking challenge but be nice to each other ;-)
    aye i see what your saying but jab cars are pish

  19. #58
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,137

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    And therein lies the beauty of humanity, one mans gold is another mans dog$h1t, and it depends on what you value in your car as to whether you rate something or not.

    I share N8's dislike of Japanese cars from a cosmetic perspective because I think the majority have appalling design concepts and styling cues. The real acid test is when you look at them 10 years on they often age far worse than their European competitors. I detest Lexus' design concept across the entire range, and from the other brands I really dislike the visuals of the the Juke, the Qashquai, the Primera, the old Corolla, the Cube, mid lifecycle variant (early 90's) rounded Civic's.... the list goes on.

    However if you ask me do I respect Japanese engineering, I'll say yes; hugely. Fundamentally some are more reliable than German cars, and cars like the Honda NSX, the Honda Integra Type R, the Subaru 22B, the Evo FQ's, and the Nissan GT-R's have set standards in technical excellence that bloated Euro barges haven't come close to achieving in years. The Jap cars were comfortably achieving reliable 276bhp in the early 90's with their turbocharged lumps when the Germans thought 139bhp in a 16v Golf was a best in class benchmark standard! The seem to get precision engineering, but up until very recently when Euro designers have been employed in the Far East the clothing these cars were draped in has been less successful, inside and out.

    I think the most important thing to remember is:
    1. We're all entitled to our personal view (whatever that is)
    2. Our personal viewpoint is not fact, it's just an opinion
    3. If we all agreed the world and discussions within would be tedious as ****
    But that said, respect each other for your opinions and don't see it as a battle to change people's views to your own just if you don't agree with theirs, by all means present a convincing thought provoking challenge but be nice to each other ;-)
    Thankyou VERY much Warren, a little sense.

  20. #59
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,794
    I'd drive a scooby any day, I've always liked them.

    However one thing is for sure, I'd buy them as a drivers car, it's certainly not a place you want to sit in for long.

    Man I can't understand why they dont put more thought into the interiors, They'd probably own way more of the peformance market if they simply made the cars a nice place to sit.

    you'd think with China etc near by, (the king of plastic) they might be able to make something half decent and not just use the scraps from the bottom of the keg.

    + please change all the dials, they're so retro, especially Evo's.
    S3Alex likes this.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  21. #60
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I bow to your superior knowledge and understanding.
    and youv got a photae of a dangerous dog that attacks kids so you probably like jap cars lol

  22. #61
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,414

    Another dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by max cady View Post
    and youv got a photae of a dangerous dog that attacks kids so you probably like jap cars lol
    Poor effort.

    Not going to work.

  23. #62
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,794
    Think everyone should have a glass of shut the hell up??
    S3Alex likes this.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  24. #63
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,414

    Another dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Think everyone should have a glass of shut the hell up??
    Fine by me.

    It's gone way off the trail anyway.

  25. #64
    PH1L's Avatar
    Gievf Buckets

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by max cady View Post
    and youv got a photae of a dangerous dog that attacks kids so you probably like jap cars lol
    you were trolling so well until then

    just my point on the argument, i dislike cars for the same reason as n8 the German visuals just hit a magic button for me, however the thing that i really dislike about jap cars is they are utter garbage to work on, as i do all the work myself on my cars i couldn't live with one

    this being said i still have soft spots for some celicas and supras
    S3Alex likes this.


    2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

    Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

    Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

    Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

    Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

  26. #65
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by max cady View Post
    and youv got a photae of a dangerous dog that attacks kids so you probably like jap cars lol
    I once had a newspaper in my house with a picture of a dog that ate off a childs face, so to be fair I probably (secretly) like Jap cars too; but shhhhh, don't tell anyone.

    Enough generalisations and pigeonholing gents; talk sense about cars or go for a w**k break/let off some steam or else I'll be forced to close her down!
    S3Alex likes this.

  27. #66
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,794
    Ahhhh that's better

    From sad tissues to happy tissues
    S3Alex likes this.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  28. #67
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,414
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Ahhhh that's better From sad tissues to happy tissues
    That's an image best tossed aside!

  29. #68
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by PH1L View Post
    you were trolling so well until then

    just my point on the argument, i dislike cars for the same reason as n8 the German visuals just hit a magic button for me, however the thing that i really dislike about jap cars is they are utter garbage to work on, as i do all the work myself on my cars i couldn't live with one

    this being said i still have soft spots for some celicas and supras
    I was obvuosly joking cos i said lol after it. i am newish to this formum but i think il leave as my humor isnt funny to u guys

  30. #69
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,794
    Damn this right click is stuck down now, was aiming for the return key! Haha
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  31. #70
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by max cady View Post
    I was obvuosly joking cos i said lol after it. i am newish to this formum but i think il leave as my humor isnt funny to u guys
    We love humour, I just think sweeping generalizations aren't the best way to spread the love!
    S3Alex and Brodster like this.

  32. #71
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by max cady View Post
    my humor isnt funny

    * humour.
    ** isn't.
    S3Alex likes this.

  33. #72
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by essIII View Post
    * humour.
    ** isn't.
    what does that mean? thats what i said

  34. #73
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by max cady View Post
    what does that mean? thats what i said
    They're playing with you mate (spelling) ;-)

    I'm not sure you're finding their humour entertaining! Give and take ;-)

    And as promised I take out the key and I shut it down!

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Clutch Dilemmas
    By RAPS3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12th May 2003, 21:47
  2. Another S3!!!!!
    By A4Steve in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 4th March 2003, 20:16
  3. Dilemma !
    By audi_girl in forum Other Brands & Models
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19th February 2003, 19:45
  4. Another Recall? 1.8T MY01, MY02, MY03 Ignition
    By MarkyB in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th February 2003, 01:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO