Badger5EM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

S3 - s-tronic crunch when changing modes (P,D,S,N)

Was just driving back from work when I noticed a strange noise from my car, parked up in a lay by, put the car into Park and heard a horrible crunching noise, tried moving from Park into drive and exactly the same noise again, same goes if I move from drive to sport or park.

Gear changes are still smooth it's only when I change the mode the box is in.

I've also noticed a couple of other things when I come to a halt with the brakes there's a slight squeaking noise as if something is moving in the engine bay and there's a slight vibration through the brake pedal. This makes me thing an engine mount or bracket of some kind has gone/come loose and misaligned the stronic box? That's just a complete and utter guess though...

Anyone have any ideas at all what this could be? I'm going to be phoning Audi first thing in the morning, typically I'm supposed to be driving down to Cornwall tomorrow!

Managed to find a video which sounds very similar to my crunching noise but from an a5: VID 20110914 00038 - YouTube

Ibis S3 S-tronic with buckets
    Previously: A3 2.0TDI (170) S-line S-tronic , A3 2.0T DSG S-line, A4 1.8T Quattro Sport

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

Hey, whats the age of the car and mileage? Just wondering if it has missed an oil change?
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

5th Gear

Status
    Check for a vacuum hose leak.

1st Gear

Status
    It's a 2010 car with 35k miles hasn't missed any oil changes, will check hoses but would this affect the stronic box and cause a clunk?

Previously: A3 2.0TDI (170) S-line S-tronic , A3 2.0T DSG S-line, A4 1.8T Quattro Sport

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    take it back to Audi. it'll have warranty no?
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

4th Gear

Status

Yep, should still be under warranty
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

1st Gear

Status
    Turned it over this morning and it doesn't seem to be making the crunch noise now, wondering if it's only when the oil's warm. The car's booked in for a service next week so I thinking I'll just leave it in the garage until then.

Tried removing the oil cap when the engine's running to check for vacuum leaks, it runs pretty rough without the oil cap on but it wasn't difficult to pull it off; am I correct in thinking this is normal?

5th Gear

Status
    minie does that and my S-tronic is fairly clunky too especially on 1,2 gear when cold on quick right pedal release at low revs. If it breaks it breaks cant be asked to argue with Audi as they cant find any faults ( mentioned my concerns due last oil change and they've found nothing, surprise surprise). Wouldnt worry to much unless you're running out of warranty soon. Then make sure everyting gets checked
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /