Part Number needed for Fuel Pump for White Cluster?

J.R.

"Started From The Bottom"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm about to replace my old red dials for the white ones. Does anybody know what part number it is ???

NHN Quote:

Ok well 1st thing to note is cars before the 1st facelift 8P pre 11/04 generally had the older fuel pump & also possibly missed some wiring that was added to facelift cars. Please note though my car is 07/04 & had the extra wire so contradicts audi's info in Elsawin of all places, so check for this wire on rear of current cluster 1st before thinking wiring needed, read further down for wiring info. The newer pumps from this date (according to audi's records anyway, check 1st before doing) had an extra wire added for the fuel sender/level to register properly on the clusters. So if you have the older cars then you must add a single wire from the cluster 32pin connector at pin 25 & wire this back to the underneath of the rear seats on a 3dr anyway (maybe same as 5dr, need checking) to the fuel pump & connect to pin 4 on the 5 pin connector. Now you also need to upgrade the pump on pre 11/04 cars (but check cause on my 07/04 car I had the newer wiring but old pump) to support the newer sender/level reading for fuel in the cluster. Once the pump is swapped & the extra wire fitted, then you just need to swap the cluster out & get it coded with all your keys & you're away. Now if its a new cluster or less than 100kmh then audi can set it all correctly for your existing mileage, if its more then you'd have to put up with the used cluster mileage.

Looks like I need a part number for a pump above a 05 Reg.

Help will be
appreciated. :yes:

Why don't you ask Nige? Oh, I remember why.

sulu.gif

Why don't you ask Nige? Oh, I remember why.

sulu.gif

lol He's not in town apparently. Plus I don't think he would give me an answer.

Wont it come up when you scan a 05 above car?

I don't have an 05 car at hand......

It's cool thou....I think I just need to get a pump above a 05 REG .....

Did you change your cluster ?

1K0919050AB = TDI fwd

It might be possible just to change the level sensor as thats the only reason you need to change the pump i'll be doing mine soon so i'll try and post results i'll post the other pat numbers tomorrow (left the print outs in my toolbox)