Insurance for stage 2+ revo S3 8p3

Kelza

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there i,m ringing round to get the best deal ,i,ve phoned greenlight, who else could i try ,first qoute from greenlight was £800 for 9year ncb..

Adrian Flux / Brentacre / Herts Insurance...

Try Greenlight, they keep beating my renewals form Adrian Flux & I've been with AF for nearly 10yrs now. It pays to shop around.

Audi Insurance halved the quote I had from Adrian Flux... Always worth giving them a try! I'm unsure who the underwriter is though!

just renewing my insurance at the moment also for a stage 2+ S3 8P3, cheapest in the following order, greenlight, adrian flux then sky. So its another one for greenlight!!

just renewing my insurance at the moment also for a stage 2+ S3 8P3, cheapest in the following order, greenlight, adrian flux then sky. So its another one for greenlight!!

This is really strange as I am currently in the process of renewing my insurance and Greenlight can't insure me as my car is too expensive. WTF never heard of this before, very weird.

This is really strange as I am currently in the process of renewing my insurance and Greenlight can't insure me as my car is too expensive. WTF never heard of this before, very weird.

WTF; that will be an issue for them going forward then as car arent gonna be getting any cheaper. Is there a threshhold vaule they wont insure over (e.g. £25k)?

WTF; that will be an issue for them going forward then as car arent gonna be getting any cheaper. Is there a threshhold vaule they wont insure over (e.g. £25k)?

I believe this is the case Warren, it just seems strange as personally I don't think the £25 - 30k is expensive for a car. Look at the RS3 a £40k + car and companies will be refusing to cover them due to the cars current value. I understand it’s the underwriters making these decisions but they clearly need to apply some common sense. The average new car would be around £18-22k to buy and this leaves them not too far from that threshold.

Hi ,greenlight quoted me £599, plus £30 to cover my ncb ,so I will be shopping around to see if that's the best deal ..

Hi,

if our quotation is uncompetitive you are welcome to refer it back to us and we will in turn refer it back to our underwriters.

Thanks

Hi there will give u a phone tomorrow ,sky and flux :)

Hi,

if our quotation is uncompetitive you are welcome to refer it back to us and we will in turn refer it back to our underwriters.

Thanks
I will call again to see what you can do, however I was promised a call back from the guy I spoke to (to see if you could be more competive) but that didn't happen!

hi john, i use axa as they will insure me. greenlight and many others will not, due to being banned for totting up :drag:
the ban comes off this next January so will hopefully bring down my cost

Last edited:
Flux were a comedy quote for me, same with my old Subaru, a joke.
Greenlight wouldn't insure due to the cost of the car
I ended up using my old faithful Gary Moulson at Keith Michaels. He used to help me before. Policy is with Aviva.

Flux are £760 with 10 monthly payments.,, £595 without installments ..

Last edited:
I'm an old gezzer who uses Saga. Their policy gives 2 yrs cover on new for old. Great if you buy a new car as first registered keeper. That way for those who like it, only need 1yrs gap insurance.