** HELP :( whats wrong ????? .........

Johnson3

Reaction score
hey guys i know u can not identify the problem on here but any help will be really appreciated now...

last night i was driving home from Tesco , and as i came to traffic lights and started to slow down there was a strange noise from the car.

i pulled over and we had a look, seems to be on the drivers wheel dose a full rotation there is a wurring/grinding noise from the transfer box.as the car was on a jack i spun the drivers wheel and when the noise appeared u could feel it on the box casing ??
i had the car recovered and have looked at this morning. i drove it to a local garage to get it on the ramps and the noise got really loud. sounded similar to a wheel bearing gone. ( clearly not this tho) as i pulled up at the garage it stopped????

i have had the car in the air and no noise???

i have driven home slow, picking up speed and breaking and seems to of gone ?

HELP !!! coukd this be low fluids in the box? or am i just hoping ..

thanks in advance

LJ

Are you absolutely sure it wasn't just dirt between discs / pads, or brake heatshield. I've had this and it sorted itself after a couple of miles.

mate that's what i thought it may be.... but the only thing what put me off was that when it was jacked up and spun the wheel u could feel the box "grinding ?"

i would LOVE to say you right m8 i am going to get under it now

I'd have said stone between disc and that metal guard that sits behind.

you say the box is grinding tho...errrm do an oil change? see if you get filings coming out, leave a magnet in catch container. If so...inspect further?

Thanks guys!

im gona crack on with changing the oils now ..

will update u later

thanks again!!

It could be shield behind the brake disc, I had to remove the right rear shield when it became loose and caused a hideous screeching rubbing/ knocking sound. Thats why your drivers side one is missing!

I had the front wheel bearings replace in May so it's deffo not those. Hope your enjoying my old motor :) PS remember to get the cam follower replaced.

Seems to of gone so happy with that!
Yess im
Loving the car m8
Really happy!
Get some nice looks aswell :)

Credit to you :)