Bluetooth query, would like one phone to be the main one.

rich1

Reaction score
As me and the misses drive the car, both phones are connected but when we go out together I need mine to connect and not hers as I'm always the one driving.

Is there anyway to set a phone to 'master' so mine will always connect if both of ours are in the car.

This is a long one but... Has she got her own key? I know the climate remembers what setting its on for each key so you could try that, i know its a long shot???!!!

I can't help you. I just wanted to say that I had the same problem with my Saab. My wife had an LG phone and I had a Nokia and hers always connected quicker than mine so it may be a phone thing rather than a car thing.

Seems like we're going to have the same problem when the A3 arrives. Her iPhone is bound to connect quicker than my HTC.

Get her phone to confirm BT pin code or hidden/free to all each time it wants to connect to the car's BT.

Of you jump in car first with ignition on while she locks the house's front door..lol

Unless I'm mistaken (and that's always a possibility!) the last phone paired takes priority? So delete pairing from phone and car and pair again to jump up the queue? Do you have RNS-E ? Should be able to delete phone from list in there?

Yes, have the rns-e.
I will try and delete the Bluetooth on the phones and pair mine second.