What are my wheels worth....BBS CH 18"

I'd keep these, i don't think any genuine set of BBS alloys are worth selling. As long as they're decent sizes they tend to hold their value. Genuine sets of BBS style 5's (found on old bimmers) still fetch around £600, and they're probably 20 years old or so now. Get yourself some decent wheel covers to protect them in storage and keep them.

Reactions: 210_MIH
Yeah, £600 max (with decent tyres). 19s would be £900+

I'd keep these, i don't think any genuine set of BBS alloys are worth selling. As long as they're decent sizes they tend to hold their value. Genuine sets of BBS style 5's (found on old bimmers) still fetch around £600, and they're probably 20 years old or so now. Get yourself some decent wheel covers to protect them in storage and keep them.

They gotta go soon mate as Im after a set of rotars. If I could, Id keep em, their spotless!

I'll keep a look out for these when you sell as well.

Been on the look out for genuine Audi ones for a while now!

N8 what do mean by cast and not spun??

Casting is when they pour liquid metal into a mold, and then break the mold and you're left with a solid lump of metal.

Spinning, I assume is the same as milling, when they start with a block of metal (or a pre-cut disc for wheels) and cut out the bits they don't want with various drills and bits.

Right?

Casting is when they pour liquid metal into a mold, and then break the mold and you're left with a solid lump of metal.

Spinning, I assume is the same as milling, when they start with a block of metal (or a pre-cut disc for wheels) and cut out the bits they don't want with various drills and bits.

Right?

Right....so in terms of build and quality..which of the two is better?
Done a bit of research...theyr doin strong at £500-600. Might get some spacers for now so they look good on my SB. And when the right wheels come il sell thn...so not in a hurry.

Right....so in terms of build and quality..which of the two is better?
Done a bit of research...theyr doin strong at £500-600. Might get some spacers for now so they look good on my SB. And when the right wheels come il sell thn...so not in a hurry.

Um... pass. Depends on the quality of the casting, I guess.

As others have said I would say around £600 if they have some decent rubber on them. I have been looking for some for my Mk5 GTI but they need to be a bargain or I may as well buy new VZ's when they are back in stock at BBS at the end of the month.

i think they are not worth the gangantuant prices you guys state.
these rims are known as the BBS VZ.
if you look on the website of a firm called RIMSTYLE, the firm sells them
brand new for £625 "and you can take that to the bank".
also, if you have a copy of peformance vw, have a good look at his advert.
see pictures below taken fro current edition. you can call him to verify.
IMG_20120906_110717.jpg

IMG_20120906_110729.jpg

Last edited:
BBS never made a CH fitment for the AUDI A3 8P chassis.
any CH fitment for 8P is guarranteed to be a replica.
CH was made for 8L A3 only.
they made the VZ standard on VW GOLF Edition 30
and its an option on the A3 model.
these wheels come on the vw golf edition 30 as standard kit.
see this link below and any advert for an Edition 30 Golf GTI.
Mike Bishop Cars :: VW Golf Edition 30 DSG with Touchscreen Nav

Last edited:
got a service booked in with audi next week, will see if they know what they are exactly....

The new VZs are without tyres, Rimstyle will help themselves to another £150-500 for rubber.

Audi have said they are not the VZ. On certain models, Including the 8P audi offer the CH and Pescaras as an optional extra as OEM. I've decided to keep these now....i need some spacers to bring them out a little...any ideas?

Audi have said they are not the VZ. On certain models, Including the 8P audi offer the CH and Pescaras as an optional extra as OEM. I've decided to keep these now....i need some spacers to bring them out a little...any ideas?

Now i'm confused, as I thought Pescaras were the same as VZs?!

dont listen to the Audi guy.
chances are, he knows f0ck-all
to me they are the same VZ.
AUDI might just look for a nice
name for it.
its just a change of names.

Last edited: