Ease of fog light retrofit

Burkin

Reaction score
Hi I have a 1.6 a3 and it doesn't have fog lights and I was wondering how easy it is to fit them and how I would fit them?
Any ideas?

Depends on the electronic board fitted, but 90% of the time its compatible, as its a 1.6 I would hazard a guess its an 1.6 fsi so maybe original as in 03-06 ish?

Need a loom, fogs, coding, fog area fitment available & grills, does help having some technical abilities tbh.

Do you need them supplied/fitted?

Didnt know they did a 1.6 in 08 tbh, thought they'd phased them out, everydays a school day.

It's early 08 so is in the 05-07 bracket

I have a 2006 1.6 8 valve and am thinking of the same mod so would appreciate any advice or pointing to a previous thread

What trim level is the car? Standard, SE - guessing standard otherwise would have come with fogs...

ive got an se and i was thinking of doing the same thing but do the fog lights and grills fit in an se's front bumper?
sorry to hijack your thread by the way :)

Yep fogs and grilles fit - as per above - need fog lights, grilles, loom, new headlight switch with front fog setting, possibly an uprated Central Electronics Module (lowline from that era didn't support fogs) plus patience...