Sat Nav update

Oortam

Reaction score
I got a lettre from Audi telling me that there is a complimentary software update available for my sat nav. All I have to do is book it in to an Audi dealer before the end of September. I spoke to the dealer in Edinburgh earlier today and was told it would take 3 hours to do the update. I questioned this as it's only a software update but he was adamant he needed the car for 3 hours. Does anybody know what this update consists of?

Not a clue on the update but I think they quote a few hours in case of problems. Whilst most of the time it takes 10 minutes or so, if there are issues they have to contact Audi in Germany to get things sorted so they allow themselves plenty of time just in case.

The RNS-e updates it's software version from the Nav DVD disc and normally takes no more than 20 mins....

This is what I believed. I did question it as I suspected the dealer was just stacking up the cars to be updated to make it more convenient for him. I don't think I'll be getting the update done there as I'm sure I can get another dealer to do it while I wait. I updated the nav sofware on my other car myself and it only took 5 minutes. Anybody got a recommendation of a good dealer for any service work in the central belt?