VF-Engineering Supercharger pics

JaminBen

Reaction score
Well, it appears the kit is finally complete. The silver A3 in the photos (left-hooker but GB reg.) was brought to California on a time-limited "pass". They have used it for development, and the car is now slated for a return to the UK.

Vortech supercharger (V1 or V9, not sure),shaft driven, air to water intercooled. Probably 7 Psi for 350ish horsepower.

Would anyone here, besides me, put this on their 3.2?

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

I have also been asking VF about progress. I think it looks a very neat installation and I am very interested.

Will the rest of the car stand up to 350 brake? I'm thinking DSG or manual boxes.......

[ QUOTE ]
Will the rest of the car stand up to 350 brake? I'm thinking DSG or manual boxes.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point! I broke my clutch plate at 7000 and some miles, with a standard engine. So the car can be *broken*, even when standard. However, the car definitely feels as though it could digest an extra 100hp. Chassis, trans and brake wise. However, there wouldn't be as much of a safety factor left.

There are quite a few VW R32s in the US, with 350 - 370 hp, which seem to be running with no problems. I spend a lot of time reading the forums over at Vortex and this SC still appeals to me, even though the A3 is my only car.

I think (but I am no engineer), that a SC would be less brutal than a Turbo. Power delivery is linear, directly related to engine rpm.

So to answer your question, you could run this kit with an otherwise standard car, but what I'd like is a lightweight flywheel and a reinforced clutch (Eip), possibly a torque-biaising differential (Peloquin or Quaife). Add to that slightly better dampers and slightly more agressive brake pads, and I think we're looking at the ultimate mini-GT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

For DSG cars, who's to say? VWmotorsport have tested the DSG to absurd levels (700 n/m) but I'd hate to have to pay for a new DSG 'box...

Looks amazing.

Did anyone see the article in this months VW driver, with the turbo charged R32 producing 400 bhp. But he could get upto 450 with a special inter cooler.

[ QUOTE ]
Looks amazing.

Did anyone see the article in this months VW driver, with the turbo charged R32 producing 400 bhp. But he could get upto 450 with a special inter cooler.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be vagtech's one I guess.

Had a good look at it at Castle Coombe last weekend!

For £9000 you can have one too! Bargain!

If I'm correct, those turbo kits are from HGP in germany: www.hgp-turbo.de

Their kits started as Twin KO4 units, 400 to 550 hp, and they now offer a single GT30 kit or something like that. 360 non I/C, 400 single side mount I/C, and 450 twin side mount.

The 400 kit is 12500 Euro, installed.

Here's a 400hp version, in a DSG car. I know, it's a French forum (vids on page 2 - impressive!) French forum ,

but you can also find info on this car on www.vwvortex.com.

So far, no problems with DSG.

AFAIK, the VF-Engfineering kit should be circa 8000 Euro. If that's correct, then the 'charger is looking pretty good when compared to the single turbo!

Yeah, but we all know that magnificient TVR is seriously traction-impaired during a standing-start... Give it awd and it would be a lot better, no?

Eeef, you and your brother need to pay me a visit in southern France. With the TVR of course ;-) I'll treat you to some excellent roads and wine !!

[ QUOTE ]
Vortech chargers are good. Very reliable as I had one on my golf rallye. Alot better than Z engineering, they are pants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you replaced the G-lader with a Vortech?

can somebody please tell me the 0-60 and top speed of a standard r32 golf as my mate had a little go with one in his evo lastnight and he said it went fairly. cheers.

the 0-62 time was something like 6.6secs and the top speed was 153 but they will do better. On the strip I managed 6 sec sprints and the top end was considerabley higher using my Road Angel 2 (GPS)

J.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Vortech chargers are good. Very reliable as I had one on my golf rallye. Alot better than Z engineering, they are pants.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes mate, along with a vr6 engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy jeepers, Batman! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What did you do for transmission? O2M and Synchro?
Sending you a pm.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy jeepers, Batman! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What did you do for transmission? O2M and Synchro?
Sending you a pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gemini vw motorsport vr6 syncro box matey.

Very impressed, this is getting better and better ;-) Any links? Btw, I ended up sending an email, not a pm.

Cheers,
Ben.

[ QUOTE ]
Very impressed, this is getting better and better ;-) Any links? Btw, I ended up sending an email, not a pm.

Cheers,
Ben.

[/ QUOTE ]

No sorry mate, I sold the car about 2 months ago. It was good but insurance was killing me after my speeding offences.

Speeding? In a blown awd VR6? You wouldn't say ;-)

Here's the latest email I've received from VF-E:

Sujet : Contact Form
Date : 29/07/2005 16:58:31 Paris, Madrid
De : sales@vf-engineering.com
A : be@aol.com
CC : jeff@vf-engineering.com, raj@nsracing.com
Envoyé via Internet (afficher l'en-tête)

Ben,

Thankyou for your email and comments. Our A3 software will be completed today. We have already achieved 350hp at the flywheel and are hoping to end up with a little more by the end of today. Next week product documentation and hardware production will begin. We are making an initial batch of 10 kits for pre-sale. We are planning to post up all the info this weekend on the new site for the A3.

Specification: Only 1 stage - but it has everything!

V9 Vortech SC unit with shaft
Vortech Chargecooler
GIAC custom 4wd dyno tuned software
Bosch water pump
OEM water radiator
Bosch high flow fuel injectors
Bosch overrun system
Crankcase vent system
Fully RHD and LHD compatible
No cutting or drilling of any parts

Installation approx 8 hours
Power: 350-375hp at flywheel
Torque: to be confirmed
Estimate cost US$7000

www.nsracing.com will be selling and instlling these kits in Europe.

-Nik
Head of R&D
VF-Engineering

----- Original Message -----
To: <sales@vf-engineering.com>
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 4:08 AM
Subject: vf-engineering.com Contact Form

> VF-engineering.com Contact Form:
>
>
> From: Benjamin
>
>
> Email: be@aol.com
>
>
>
>
> Comment:
> Hello, this is Ben from France again. I am eagerly awaiting the SC for my A3. Who should I contact in Europe for a pre-order, and who do you recommend for installation?
>
> Best regards,
> Benjamin Gleize.
>
> PS, love the new website!
>