RS3 air guide on S3 Sportback

volkskid

Reaction score
Anyone fitted the RS3 air guide on the S3 Sportsback? Are the RS3 parts for the wheel housing inner and air guide a direct fit on the S3? I would like to have some cold air directed to the brakes and the RS3 parts do look interesting.

Wheel housing inner: 8P0 821191E (left) and 8P0 821192E (right)
Air guide: 8P0 863149B (left) and 8P0 863150B (right)

Air slide "8P0 863 149 A" and "8P0 863 150A" £16.42 each
Screws 2x "N104 222 03" £0.61 each
Nuts 2x "N 907 611 02" £0.30 each
Case 2x "8J0 864 133 A" £2.16 each

i_14_789_0_62_1306875946_4439.jpg

ok so here is the airguide listed in ETKA:

rs3airguide.png

And the RS3 wheel liner part:

rs3wheelliner.png

Both are RS3 parts... how does it work though? is it some sort of air flap that opens and closes or just an air duct to allow cold air to reach the brakes?
also regarding the liner would it fit in the smaller arches of the standard Sportback?

im having my wishbones replaced so might just pick up the bits and fit them on at the same time...
now that brake shield... is it compatible with the S3 345mm discs?

yes they fit on an S3, I fitted the ttrs ones as these came out before the rs3 parts. I also have the ttrs caliper etc fitted.

Even if the brake shield doesnt quite fit, they are easy to cut with tin snips. the bolts positions look correct.

Ive heard reports of better front downforce when using these. Can anyone confirm?

i'd agree, air going out of the arches will pull the car down more than air going out of the back....

but idealy you should have a massive splitter and propper brake ducts

Last edited:
yes they fit on an S3, I fitted the ttrs ones as these came out before the rs3 parts. I also have the ttrs caliper etc fitted.

Did you fit just the air guide or the wheel housing inner too?

i'd agree, air going out of the arches will pull the car down more than air going out of the back....

but idealy you should have a massive splitter and propper brake ducts

Any suggestions for a splitter on the S3?

Fitted the air guides to my S3, removed the S3 brake wheel housing as didn't order the rs3 housing at the time, but intent to fit the rs3 housing before the winter.

Do you reckon the RS3 wheel housing will be a direct fit on the S3, are they of the same size/width?

ok so here is the airguide listed in ETKA:

rs3airguide.png

And the RS3 wheel liner part:

rs3wheelliner.png

Both are RS3 parts... how does it work though? is it some sort of air flap that opens and closes or just an air duct to allow cold air to reach the brakes?
also regarding the liner would it fit in the smaller arches of the standard Sportback?

may I ask you please to post the ETKA schematic for the rear arch on the RS3? Thanks in advance!!!

Did anyone else end up doing this mod? Or is it snake oil?