New S3 Sportback door mirror problem...help needed please?

wright1965

Reaction score
Hi,
New member in need of help...my new S3 was parked in the street...minding it's own business...some idiot has driven to close and hit wo
my door mirror...stopped and tried to re-fit it...but not quite worked.

I need to remove it and re-fit it...can take to a stealer but would want a few pounds no doubt...can anybody tell me how to remove these mirror caps without further damage...is there a clip..or a special tool needed?

My S3 is a 61 plate...and the mirrors have in-built indicators in them.

Thanks for reading.

Remove mirror glass or could get broke, this is best done by tilting forward & applying even pressure with middle finger/s behind the top center area to get it of the clips on the 4way electrics unit, then try & get the cover (if not broken) back into position, if not, then undo the 2 bolts holding the underneath trim on, this can be a real fecker to remove tbh so some pressure needed to push it of, then the cover is held on by 2 locating lugs that push into the top of the mirror base, push these in by mm to release & lift up & of.

Indeed! Without a picture we're likely to just think you're an e-Bay mirror thief!! ;-)

I sent mine to dealers when someone hit ours as it was easier than trying to unclip it. If you break them / dimming glass then you will know the meaning of wallet pain.

Yeah & if its aspherical thats now £300 lite wallet aswell, alas the toys for boys always does have its downsides lol.

​Photo or as Warren says we'll think otherwise,also asking how RS3 mirrors come off on another thread does seem suspicious.
Please prove us wrong James

Very strange, on 2nd read, why would you ask how to remove S3 covers & then ask how to remove RS3 ones aswell, with respect if you have a brand new S3 surely you can afford to goto dealer anyway, but alas there is no quick may to remove the covers alone without damaging them badly.

I posted on RS3 site also to see if I got a responce...not a thief..to those of you who are part time police officers!
Will take to a dealer and sort...much obliged.

Dont be offended, just there have been alot of these types of thefts & its only in the interest of forums for all that these peculiarities are questioned.

We don't really need any part-timers as we have enough full time police officers here ;)