19" tyres... where do you buy yours from?

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have been looking around to getting some 19" alloys but i am having trouble finding a set of 225/35/19s for a decent price... i mean yeah i know 19s are going to be more expensive but £600 on a set of tyres alone is ridiculous!

Does anyone have a good suggestion of places i can find a set of 225/35/19s in maybe the Avon ZZ3 or Falken FK452? i have heard good things about those tyres which are fairly well priced.
Best price i have found so far is Camskill who have the Avons at £109.20 each or the Falkens at £117.50 each

thanks

I started using Camskills until i found Blackcircles which were cheaper when i used them.

ill let the guru deal with this he will be along shortly but running stretch degrades performance anyway avons are normally good as are the falkens, tyres are an expensive business dude

so your saying i should be running 235s?
i have always thought the 235s on a 8.5 wide wheel et45 would rub? thats the only reason i was thinking the 225 tyre

Do you know if tyre companies are going to bring out the tyres with white writing on the side? Heard this to be true but cannot see any at present. think it was goodyears?

Mine are ET44 and rub slightly when going over bumps/dips. Taking the screw out of the rear arch liner helped alot. Does it now and again if I have the kids in the back.

ideally i dont want to mess about with the camber... also i will be dropping the car on Eibach sportlines so i want to get it right now before i start ordering bits

225s ash. I had to change from 235s on my 19x8.5 ET45s, on h&r springs

Camskill are usually the best priced

With 235's on 19's et45 8.5J you gonna rub,specially when lowered!
With 225 you can even get a slight rub! Remove the rear arch screw and the front
or buy ET48 Wheels.

ok wicked! 225s it is!
I cant find the alloys i want in ET 48 plus i want them to sit nicely along with the arch...
now just need to find the right deal.

so what would you rate better... Avon ZZ3 or Falken FK452?

They're both good tyres for the price. Never had Falkens on any of my cars so cannot comment on them. The Avon ZZ3's are good as I said before. Great tread pattern and I find them very good in the wet........and we've had a lot of that up here lately.

Camskill 225/35 R19 Falken 452s on mine... can't fault them. Best price and quick delivery.Obviously the Falkens aren't as good as Contis, but much better value for money. Avons wear quite quickly in my experience, but are great in the wet.

good point Marty... i need something that isnt going to eat through rubber as i do massive mileage. dont want to be forking out the £450 every 8 months