Anyone gone Stage1 to Stage 2 on S3 SB DSG?

PaulAr

S3 (8P)
Reaction score
Much noticable difference? I am SHARK Stage 1 now.
What are the headline figures?

Still trying to decide how my dealer will react as this would only be an option if it was hassle free for dealer visits.

Maybe keep an eye on the classifieds for Exhausts and CAI just incase.....

cheers

Paul

Hi, I think the general consensus from those who have done it (it's on my to do list) is to go from stage 1 to stage 2+ (or in sharks case stage 3) as the power gains are far better and more noticeable and it only would really require a HPFP in addition to the exhaust and CAI.

Stage 2 expect roughly 330bhp
Stage 2+ expect roughly 360bhp

If going above stage 1 you may also want to consider upgrading the brakes and suspension, also if your car is a manual an uprated clutch would likely be required

Stg2 power figures are quite variable and you may get as little as 330 bhp or as high as 360.

The big difference from Stg2+ is that adding the uprated HPFP fills out the midrange torque dip from the stock pump.

Definately go from Stage 1 to Stage 2+ as it makes sense to get everything in 1 go as said in #2 and #3. Its been known for stock clutches to last with this much power if you take care of it......but with that much power who's going to. I would budget for the new clutch just to be safe.

Definately go from Stage 1 to Stage 2+ as it makes sense to get everything in 1 go as said in #2 and #3. Its been known for stock clutches to last with this much power if you take care of it......but with that much power who's going to. I would budget for the new clutch just to be safe.

I think 360lbs will kill any stock clutch sooner or later and mine didn't even last at Stg2 so as you say,budgeting on a Sachs or Loba clutch is almost essential.

Just noticed the OP did state DSG in the title, cancel clutch advice! Think you can get DSG software remapped to make it more responsive too

Last edited:
Just noticed the OP did state DSG in the title, cancel clutch advice! Think you can get DSG software remapped to make it more responsive too
Thanks for the reminder!....yes,Revo will remap the clutch if required.

Seeing as your giving the car back Paul, keep it as is. Otherwise yes, Stage 3 then you'll need to do coils/arbs etc etc, becomes an expensive game after a while.

Seeing as your giving the car back Paul, keep it as is. Otherwise yes, Stage 3 then you'll need to do coils/arbs etc etc, becomes an expensive game after a while.

That was the logic behind the Stage 2 only, I kind of thought the CAI and exhaust would be simple to remove come the time to return the car, or even in a major warranty claim situation, but still make everything a bit `fruitier`.
The HPFP would be just that extra bit hassle I didnt want. And I would still want to be be within the limits of the brakes and chassis.

Maybe staying Stage 1 is the best idea and see what the new gen S3 is like......or 135i......or A45 AMG

cheers
Paul

RS3 ticks all the boxes boys for sure but unfortunately AUDI made the PCP deal very unattractive on the RS3. Around £300 pcm difference between that and the S3, plus 9 months wait and no guarantees I would even get one!

Just thing a nice sound and another 30 bhp would be nice on the S3.

cheers
Paul

I had stage 1 from chipped uk on my manual 8P3

Then I went to the DSG, and went straight to stage 2. It's worth it. As long as you get the noise involved. I.e a non res exhaust :)

If I was you, Come test mine. :)

Cheers fella.

I could always grow up, forget this tuning malarky, and spend the dosh on tartan blankets and travel sweets.

Stage 2 would be defo be a noticeable gain over Stage 1, mainly in the midrange torque. We do plenty of Stage 2's with just exhaust and intake and it's really noticeable over Stage 1, well worth the money... and you do get a nice noise to go with it! Be nice to go straight to Stage 3 but no harm in just Stage 2...

If you need the gearbox mapping for the extra torque the stock DSG clutch pack will be fine with a Stage 2 engine, just need the torque limiters shifting and we can also change the shift points to get the most from the top end of the engine RPM range!! If you need any advice on the DSG box just give us a shout.