Diesel Tuning Opinions.

Jay.Ing

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Im thinking of investing in a deisel tunuing box for My 2012 A3, Have any of you guys got any experiances with either the CRD-T tuning box or the CRD2 tuning box.

Any opinions are welcome. :salute:

I would but because of the age of the car and the removing of the ECU im looking at other routes at the moment!

I was the same, my ECU has to be physically broken open to map and I really don't fancy that to be honest. Not until the warranty runs out at least.

I've bought a DTUK box and Andrew actually has a really good deal on just now if you PM him he should be able to sort you out. Just be careful you don't turn it up too high or it can caugh warning lights to appear... Appart from that I've heard nothing but good things! :)

Already had a really good quote from him! :yes:

If it wasn't within the last couple weeks then I'd go back as this deal hasn't been on for that long. ;) He should be able to save you a little bit more hopefully.

If you drop me an email

andre(at)dieseltuninguk.com

ill email the instructions over, and you can see how easy/difficult it is to install :)

What errors does it throw up when you whack up the power?

The exact errors I don't know. Just 'engine management' lights so could be anything but I would suspect it's a fuelling error of some description... Either A/F or something similar. :)

Be good to get a log of the car when these lights are up as it will show errors, they may still be present in logs anyway if you have vcds to scan with.

Yeah, once I've put some miles on the car I'll be popping mine on. If anything comes up I'll see if I can find out what they are for interest.