retrofit door mirrors

robinnew

Reaction score
Hi.
I have just retrofitted electric folding mirrors to my 2011 sportback everything working but back to front?
Operating the front rt hand window button now controls the left hand window also goes up when it should go down and vv.
Left hand window switch now controls rt hd window,furthermore the mirror switch is also reversed.
all genuine audi parts fitted from 2011 uk spec.Have cleared all fault codes but still everything is reversed.These were all plug and play with no additional wiring and i have not interfeared with the wiring either.As its the drivers door module that controls everything i guess the remidy is here.Any ideas would be most welcome.
Thank you
Robin

Hi robin ,where did you get the my11 mirrors as i,m after a set for a 3 door?

Hi robin ,where did you get the my11 mirrors as i,m after a set for a 3 door?

John, have you tried nigel, user NHN. He can supply most parts. :) x

Perhaps it set up for an Assuie LH drive car?

Can you turn the switch unit unside down ?i know this is back to front ...

no you cannot,its definatly electrical ,maybe even in main bcm.

haha very funny,these are the correct parts which are fitted to 2012 uk spec a3s.

Have you coded it for rhd & which part number is fitted to the drivers door, dont assume please check visually.

Also post a log of modules 42 & 52.

I have a set of the top of range 3dr MY12 folding, dimming, heated, led mirrors with auto dimming glass, dealer cost is about £1200

Also remember, lhd & rhd mirrors are different.

801p fitted to drivers door.havent coded anything as it all seemed to work.will check modules tomorrow,although not sure how to post a log to this site.mirrors are same part no for left and rhd,the ones fitted are the same part numbers as fitted to rhd uk spec 2012 a3 sportback as are the modules.

I'm afraid you're wrong, lhd & rhd mirrors are different because of the angles required for viewing & part numbers in etka are different for both.

Modules are sided but not lhd or rhd & if buying from germany, make sure they're not lhd.

Hi nigel 1.2k is way out my league and you know how much time i,ve been looking for new mirrors.:)

Hi nigel 1.2k is way out my league and you know how much time i,ve been looking for new mirrors.:)

I said audi charge that mate, not what I would be asking, send me a sensible offer via PM's & we can maybe come to a deal, but be quick as got few hooks from other forums too :)

i have code the modules for rhd today,everything is now working correctly.
Many thanks to NHN for your suggestions and help.
Thanks again.
robin