• White

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Black

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul280000

Reaction score
Thinking of selling my 8P2 and upgrading to an 8P3 with all the toys!
The hard part white or black!? Current S3 is dolphin grey.

I like the white. why dont you add a poll to your post? :) x

I was unsure about going white when I got mine, it's actually really easy to keep clean.

Swirls are way harder to see if you ever get any and dust isn't easily seen.

Black is gorgeous when it's clean, but the dust soon sits down on it.

+1 white

Mine is Brilliant Black. As mjr says, black looks stunning, but it will give you headaches keeping it looking that way! I almost went Glacier or Ibis White - glad I made my choice but both look lovely! Good luck matey.

IBIS White: I would never have picked it initially but now I love it.

I have a Phantom Black SB and it looks awesome when it is clean, and is easy to keep that way with some wax, just keep on top of it - but mine get's cleaned pretty much every weekend. I am a geek for it though, love cleaning my car.

Ibis white and panther black and dolphin grey are all hot colours ,i have black so blacks got my vote again..
Scotty do you wax by hand or use a das 6?

my ibis...

5277-hdr2.jpg

5533-img-2204.jpg

Reactions: Kelza
just realised i've fiddled with those images...

heres some unfiddled ones

6404-img-2203.jpg

6403-img-2206.jpg

6405-img-2204.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As the others have said, both look good and black will need ten times more cleaning but look better when it is clean ( yes, mine is Phantom black :laugh:).....but if I was choosing again, I'd probably go Mica blue !!..:arco:

I had a sprint blue 8p2, now have a ibis 8p3... kind miss the blue, white is a nightmare for tar spots and dosn't look so good when polished, can't get any real depth to it.. I would buy blue over white, but white over black.

fine here is my previous blue one.... **** me i miss this colour!!

5242-dscf0173.jpg

5245-dscf0167.jpg

matte effect in the morning dew

5240-smurf-matt.jpg

5244-dscf0168.jpg

5246-smurrfysmall.jpg

Last picture is immensely good i think! That rear bumper looks like its melted its that shiny.

SPRINT BLUE FTW TOO..

I think tbh the sprint blue is slightly out dated now. but it was lush.

i can only imagine the rotors on sprint blue S3 would have been nice.

White is the 'way' these days, but if I ever swap again. it's gonna be back to blue.

I've always loved sepang blue.. I know quite a few people with white A3/S3's and also a few with black ones, me and my brother included but ours are different blacks and it's quite noticable..

I just feel the the white A3/S3 is over done.. My next will either be blue or I'll go back to silver..

I've always loved sepang blue.. I know quite a few people with white A3/S3's and also a few with black ones, me and my brother included but ours are different blacks and it's quite noticable..

I just feel the the white A3/S3 is over done.. My next will either be blue or I'll go back to silver..

I agree with the white statement.
I have always liked Red personally, however the S3 in the burnt Orrange is awesome!

Just so you can see, this is what all the fuss is about with black cars. You like shiny? Ok dude, here's shiny...!

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

Reactions: I oOEddOo I and Kelza
Just so you can see, this is what all the fuss is about with black cars. You like shiny? Ok dude, here's shiny...!...
I owned a black car for 8 years..

...and within 5 minutes of finishing the wax it was dusty again. :beee:

dude needs some Aruba in his life.

;)

Last edited:
I agree with the white statement.
I have always liked Red personally, however the S3 in the burnt Orrange is awesome!

The orange is nice however a little loud for my liking.. You don't see many yellow ones about either..

Batch, wanna clean mine for me please.. haha

man I like red too.

i think as long as its got an A3/S3 badge. it doesn't matter what colour :)

I'd say black over white (they look good, but there's too many white BEs in Aberdeen), but if I were buying another S3 I'd get a colour. Blue probably, Racing Mica ideally rather than Sprint. Maybe red. Orange is also really nice, and rare.

I wish my car was as shiny as batch's though... then I'd be screaming "pick black" from the rooftops!

As much as I want you to get Brilliant Black - that shade is actually really rare on an S3 - they are fecking hard work. At the time we only had blacks, whites and silver to choose from. Love it but it keeps me on my toes!

love black and orange too much work / loud looking at greys and silvers just now

Loved my old Sprint Blue S3, with H&Rs and CH`s garnish.

SAM_0243.jpg

....but Sportback BE with the dark rotors and black pan-roof works so well.

P1010188.jpg

IMO the `best` colour depends very much on the size of the car, number of doors, wheels/grill colour and other details such as roof rails etc...

Very cool..... ...:salute:

(I had an H plate in tungsten grey).
Thanks, that one was the pre-facelift F plate! I notice it's not in your list of 'before' cars, not surprised ..what a pile of french sh**e it was. :lmfao:

Thanks, that one was the pre-facelift F plate! I notice it's not in your list of 'before' cars, not surprised ..what a pile of french sh**e it was. :lmfao:

Hehe, mine was a tatty one too, yep, lots of French stuff and (rusty) Vauxhalls came before the list of VAGs.

back on topic...... I voted White. Seems to still be a popular choice these days, doesnt work so well on big cars though IMO. Particularly naff on Range Rovers, big Mercs etc..

Cant go wrong with black however.

I have to say that for some reason Ibis white does turn a lot of heads, even just parked up I see people stop and stare at it, to me it's just a white tidy car but for some reason people like it

S3_1.JPG