Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dre's A3.

1st Gear

Status

Dre's A3.

Hi everyone!

After selling my S3 210 BHP and being car-less for a few months I decided i wanted to buy a car so i brought a Audi A3 2.0 170 TDI S line DSG. I wanted an automatic due to city driving and whilst driving my S3 it was annoying at always stopping at the traffic lights.

So me and my mate drove 5hours to view a car (crazy over 250miles), and another 5hours back home. the joy of having a new car kept me awake.

I plan on doing stuff to the car slowly, what do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Dre
    A3 S Line 2.0 TDI Sportback - DSG
    BOSE, cruise control, bi-xenons, MFSW, Heated seats, paddle shifts, ipod connection

19" Speedlines | Reverse camera | Eibach Sportline Springs | MY09 LED Tails | Eibach Spacers Front 10MM Rear 12MM | Pioneer HU | Private Plate | Tints | LED numberplate | Interior Light Kit

2. # ADS
    ADS

GvZ
    Neutral

Status

Re: Dre's A3.

Sweet choice!

5th Gear

Status

Dre's A3.

Looks like a minter!! Nice motor
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

Gievf Buckets

Status
    nice pic good you got the xenons already installed its one of the harder jobs

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Neutral

Status
    Nice!
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sportback ¦ Phantom Pearl Black ¦ 16" alloys ¦ 58 Plate ¦ Acoustic Rear Parking System ¦ Criuse Control ¦ Interior Light Package ¦ Light & Rain Sensor ¦ Door Mirrors Auto Dimming and Folding

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Very good. spacers first I think. wheels need to be pushed out more.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

she's no d-turbo

Status
    Looks very clean indeed!

Black edition grill, swap the speedlines for 19s and get it on its arse!
    For Sale -
    A3 rear wiper motor and arm
    A3 air vents
    56plate A3 S-Line full speaker system including amp

1st Gear

Status
    It's very clean condition well worth the 10hour road trip, I will stick a private plate as soon as v5 comes through, black edition grill is on the list need to source one, also needs a service take it to Audi or my independent mechanic that done the work on my s3 what you guys reckon?. Ive also consider new led tail lights and change the DLR to match the xenons and number plate lights. Just gathering stuff to do when spare cash comes my way hehehe

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by andrecc; 26th August 2012 at 22:34.
    BOSE, cruise control, bi-xenons, MFSW, Heated seats, paddle shifts, ipod connection

19" Speedlines | Reverse camera | Eibach Sportline Springs | MY09 LED Tails | Eibach Spacers Front 10MM Rear 12MM | Pioneer HU | Private Plate | Tints | LED numberplate | Interior Light Kit

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    finally got the thread up! as said before car looks lovely!

for the grill why dont you try using some plasti-dip? comes in a spray can and is very forgiving. have a search online about it and you will see how easy it can be to spray it up and get great results.

also for the bulbs you can have a look at mine when we meet up for a good idea on how they 'blend together' with the xenons.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Very nice mate looks mint

1st Gear

Status
    Look at all the flys on the numberplate that how you know car is a monster

Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    for the grill why dont you try using some plasti-dip? comes in a spray can and is very forgiving. have a search online about it and you will see how easy it can be to spray it up and get great results.

also for the bulbs you can have a look at mine when we meet up for a good idea on how they 'blend together' with the xenons.
    I was looking at plasti dip (£10 can't go wrong with that) and I have heard about it, simple and easy to use does grill un-clip or taking bumper off best choice? Also the bulbs good idea. Thanks Ash

1st Gear

Status
    So after having the the car for a month or so i have debadged the rear signs 'A3 and 2.0TDI' and put my private plate as soon as the V5 came through the front door

IMG_2990[1].jpg

de-badged the rear.

IMG_3083.jpg

5th Gear

Status

Dre's A3.

Quote Originally Posted by andrecc View Post
    So after having the the car for a month or so i have debadged the rear signs 'A3 and 2.0TDI' and put my private plate as soon as the V5 came through the front door

IMG_2990[1].jpg

de-badged the rear.

IMG_3083.jpg
    Looks the mutts! Mind that kerb looks a little close 😉
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    Looks the mutts! Mind that kerb looks a little close ������
    Loool I've already Kerb it gutted!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Lovely car & spec
    andrecc likes this.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status
    After owning the car for a month Ive decided i need to spend some money on it guessing it will never stop will it.

Recently Ive tinted the car, what do you guys think of the window tinting overall im happy with the tints the guy done a good job 2mile drive to the tint place from where i live.

before:

IMG_3101[1].jpg

after:

IMG_3111[1].jpg

IMG_3109[1].jpg

next change shall be LED tail lights / numberplate lights then ill think ill go for interior lighting to brighten up the car,

thank you for all your nice comments.
    Last edited by andrecc; 17th September 2012 at 22:14.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

as i said on BB mate, get those mirrors blacked out, along with the indicators and the front grill
    andrecc likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    as i said on BB mate, get those mirrors blacked out, along with the indicators and the front grill
    its in the proccess Ash

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Refurb wouldn't go a miss, better still, a 19" speedline is always a touch.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status
    Very shiny mate! but do get a better camera.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Refurb wouldn't go a miss, better still, a 19" speedline is always a touch.
    Suspension and wheels are last thing I'll do to car

Quote Originally Posted by Soot1 View Post
    Very shiny mate! but do get a better camera.
    Thanks blame the iPhone. Should take them with my iPad camera way better on iPad

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Suspension and wheels are last thing I'll do to car
    That's a shame.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    That's a shame.
    suspension wise, would be coils, im thinking of 30-35mm drop due to huge speed humps near my area, also dont want to feel every pothole

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

you could just get the Eibach Pro kit which offers that sort of drop plus improves ride quality. Coils are good for off road (track) conditions but i doubt you would be playing with the setup once you have it where you want it and to be honest with the small amount of drop you want coils would be a waste of cash
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

1st Gear

Status
    just recieved my number plate lights in the post and have fitted them exictedly, funny how much a little mod can do such a difference to your car

IMG_3130.jpg

Standard on left and new on right.

IMG_3131.jpg

both changed, at night will add a more nicer touch to the rear end of the car i believe

IMG_3132.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    Been a while since I updated my thread and would just like to say what i have recently work that has been done to my car.

1. LED Tail lights.
    2. Coming Home & Leaving home lights.
    3. Eibach Sportlines 50MM drop.
    4. Black Side Mirrors.

I am very pleased that the led tail lights has updated the rear of my sportback and is a wicked thing to see when your walking away from it in the dark as you go home.

So I though of treating my self to something nice towards the car, with the help of a good friend Ash187. I purchased some LED tail lights and with the patience waiting to get them fitted. they were installed.

So this is how my car looks like from the rear at the night

Also after the S-line suspension feels like your in a bouncy castle i though of getting some springs, I wouldnt want coil overs but maybe in a future. I think lowest i would go is 50MM.

So those was fitted by my local indy yesterday and its still settling. To find out when I picked the car up from the mechanic the passenger rear spring was broken hence there was a rear noise coming from the suspension. did i kill 'two birds with 1 stone'?

So now this is how the car came out of the mechanic could tell a difference between comfort and handling.

Also that day, black mirrors came on and i fitted them in the dark because i was exicted. Good news i managed to fit them bad news is i broke the drivers mirros now im seeing double .

I havent uploaded any pictures of the interior so i though hey might as well.

Also got these in the post recently and im fitting them to remove the annoying Bulb error on the DIS.

Mine vs Ash187 comparing lights

Thanks for reading, what are you guys opinions and thoughs? there are a few things i want to do but i need to find the funds to source them .

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Mine vs Ash187 comparing lights

Love this last pic! you can see how the OEM xenon bulbs compare to the 8000k ones and our private plates
    andrecc likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

flying oyster

Status
    bloody hell christmas has come early on asn
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

3rd Gear

Status
    Car looks very nice bud. Always been partial to a nice red Audi.

Think spacers all round would maybe finish off the stance of the car.

What did you use to debadge the car as i want to do mine

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by flying oyster View Post
    bloody hell christmas has come early on asn
    you can say it like that, I was in too states of mind Refurb or lower it so i decided to lower it its way better than standard suspension and the handling has improved. now the big question do i want to go lower

Quote Originally Posted by BigWillyStyle View Post
    Car looks very nice bud. Always been partial to a nice red Audi.

Think spacers all round would maybe finish off the stance of the car.

What did you use to debadge the car as i want to do mine
    Im looking to get spacers, what spacers would i need for 18" speedlines.

to debadge the car, i used hot water and a piece of string, must people advice fishing line string but i used clothing string that should remove the letters then i used a product from halfords to remove the adhesive that was holding the badges. you dont have to use the product if you add hot water and use your hands to peel the adhesive should be fine

Product here

thanks guys

3rd Gear

Status

Im looking to get spacers, what spacers would i need for 18" speedlines.

to debadge the car, i used hot water and a piece of string, must people advice fishing line string but i used clothing string that should remove the letters then i used a product from halfords to remove the adhesive that was holding the badges. you dont have to use the product if you add hot water and use your hands to peel the adhesive should be fine

Product here

thanks guys
    It depends on the width and offset of your wheels. Its hard to tell by the pictures but 15-20mm at the back and about 15mm at the front (All Hubcentric) but would need more pics and info to be certain.

Thanks for the help with debadging, think i'll try it at the weekend!!

1st Gear

Status
    Right i managed to take out the rear rim to find out the rim details to see what spacers would go on.

ET 54 - 7.5J

what spacers mm would be required? what would look best on it.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

you should be able to put 12mm spacers on them to make it sit flush
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

1st Gear

Status
    So ive been busy with mods. Ill let the pictures do the talking but must say a major thanks to Ash187 (ive messed up his sleeping patern and i found out what his worse enemy is. a 'torx screw' well on my car anyway )

Treating my self

Ash doing what he does best, taking my car apart

Taking off the bumper, was a mission due to 2 torx screws - ask ash how long did it take!

After a long day of work.

After shot of mine and ash car. PS. ash car doesnt look nothing like in the pics eheheheh cant wait for it to be done woop wooop!

Opppppgnamstyle! playing youtube videos of my iphone on the headunit. also got new climate control fitted with the chrome surrond.

Before Spacers.

After Spacers. 10MM front and 12MM rears.

At ADI 2012.

On the way to ADI service stop because we was hungry

Thank guys for viewing, im planning to do a few more mods in the future.

Auto lights maybe soon due to me having a crack in my windscreen etc, all to blame is Ash187 with all the cool mods he gets into your head.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

dont want to feel every pothole
    Avoid them then

1st Gear

Status
    Looks spot on Dr Dre
    If Carlsburg made cars.... It would be an Audi !

Status
    That looks so much better, great work.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Some wicked pics you got there mate!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Reverse Gear

Status
    Liking the Pioneer AVH unit - How does that integrate with a MFSW, handsfree etc?
    Does it leave "errors"?
    Last edited by Marshallman; 23rd October 2012 at 07:34.

My other ride - "Discus" Glider -164mph and @ 1 mile high will glide for 43 miles. No turbo, in fact no engine

3rd Gear

Status
    Just goes to show what a great difference some springs and spacers make to the A3, well any car for that matter. Good work mate

Shark Performance Lancashire Dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast