Dre's A3.

andrecc

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

After selling my S3 210 BHP and being car-less for a few months I decided i wanted to buy a car so i brought a Audi A3 2.0 170 TDI S line DSG. I wanted an automatic due to city driving and whilst driving my S3 it was annoying at always stopping at the traffic lights.

So me and my mate drove 5hours to view a car (crazy over 250miles), and another 5hours back home. the joy of having a new car kept me awake.

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

I plan on doing stuff to the car slowly, what do you guys think?

Thanks,
Dre

nice pic good you got the xenons already installed its one of the harder jobs

Very good. spacers first I think. wheels need to be pushed out more.

Looks very clean indeed!

Black edition grill, swap the speedlines for 19s and get it on its ****!

It's very clean condition well worth the 10hour road trip, I will stick a private plate as soon as v5 comes through, black edition grill is on the list need to source one, also needs a service take it to Audi or my independent mechanic that done the work on my s3 what you guys reckon?. Ive also consider new led tail lights and change the DLR to match the xenons and number plate lights. Just gathering stuff to do when spare cash comes my way hehehe

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
finally got the thread up! as said before car looks lovely!

for the grill why dont you try using some plasti-dip? comes in a spray can and is very forgiving. have a search online about it and you will see how easy it can be to spray it up and get great results.

also for the bulbs you can have a look at mine when we meet up for a good idea on how they 'blend together' with the xenons.

Look at all the flys on the numberplate that how you know car is a monster :arco:

for the grill why dont you try using some plasti-dip? comes in a spray can and is very forgiving. have a search online about it and you will see how easy it can be to spray it up and get great results.

also for the bulbs you can have a look at mine when we meet up for a good idea on how they 'blend together' with the xenons.

I was looking at plasti dip (£10 can't go wrong with that) and I have heard about it, simple and easy to use does grill un-clip or taking bumper off best choice? Also the bulbs good idea. Thanks Ash

So after having the the car for a month or so i have debadged the rear signs 'A3 and 2.0TDI' and put my private plate as soon as the V5 came through the front door :arco:

IMG 29901

de-badged the rear.

IMG 3083

After owning the car for a month Ive decided i need to spend some money on it :rockwoot:guessing it will never stop will it.

Recently Ive tinted the car, what do you guys think of the window tinting overall im happy with the tints the guy done a good job 2mile drive to the tint place from where i live.

before:

IMG 31011

after:

IMG 31111

IMG 31091

next change shall be LED tail lights / numberplate lights then ill think ill go for interior lighting to brighten up the car,

thank you for all your nice comments.

Last edited:
you could just get the Eibach Pro kit which offers that sort of drop plus improves ride quality. Coils are good for off road (track) conditions but i doubt you would be playing with the setup once you have it where you want it and to be honest with the small amount of drop you want coils would be a waste of cash

just recieved my number plate lights in the post and have fitted them exictedly, funny how much a little mod can do such a difference to your car :yum:

IMG 3130

Standard on left and new on right.

IMG 3131

both changed, at night will add a more nicer touch to the rear end of the car i believe

IMG 3132

Been a while since I updated my thread and would just like to say what i have recently work that has been done to my car.

1. LED Tail lights.
2. Coming Home & Leaving home lights.
3. Eibach Sportlines 50MM drop.
4. Black Side Mirrors.

I am very pleased that the led tail lights has updated the rear of my sportback and is a wicked thing to see when your walking away from it in the dark as you go home.

So I though of treating my self to something nice towards the car, with the help of a good friend Ash187. I purchased some LED tail lights and with the patience waiting to get them fitted. they were installed.

IMG_31371.jpg

So this is how my car looks like from the rear at the night :hubbahubba:

IMG_31961.jpg

IMG_32241.jpg

Also after the S-line suspension feels like your in a bouncy castle i though of getting some springs, I wouldnt want coil overs but maybe in a future. I think lowest i would go is 50MM. :superman:

IMG_31821.jpg

So those was fitted by my local indy yesterday and its still settling. To find out when I picked the car up from the mechanic the passenger rear spring was broken hence there was a rear noise coming from the suspension. did i kill 'two birds with 1 stone'? :yahoo:

IMG_31951.jpg

So now this is how the car came out of the mechanic could tell a difference between comfort and handling.

IMG_31941.jpg

Also that day, black mirrors came on and i fitted them in the dark because i was exicted. Good news i managed to fit them bad news is i broke the drivers mirros now im seeing double :faint:.

IMG_32001.jpg

IMG_32011.jpg

I havent uploaded any pictures of the interior so i though hey might as well.

IMG_30981.jpg

Also got these in the post recently and im fitting them to remove the annoying Bulb error on the DIS.

IMG_32291.jpg

Mine vs Ash187 comparing lights :respekt:

IMG_31861.jpg

Thanks for reading, what are you guys opinions and thoughs? there are a few things i want to do but i need to find the funds to source them :whistle2:.

Car looks very nice bud. Always been partial to a nice red Audi.

Think spacers all round would maybe finish off the stance of the car.

What did you use to debadge the car as i want to do mine :o.k:

****** hell christmas has come early on asn

you can say it like that, I was in too states of mind Refurb or lower it so i decided to lower it its way better than standard suspension and the handling has improved. now the big question do i want to go lower :wub:

Car looks very nice bud. Always been partial to a nice red Audi.

Think spacers all round would maybe finish off the stance of the car.

What did you use to debadge the car as i want to do mine
o.k.gif

Im looking to get spacers, what spacers would i need for 18" speedlines.

to debadge the car, i used hot water and a piece of string, must people advice fishing line string but i used clothing string
lick.gif
that should remove the letters then i used a product from halfords to remove the adhesive that was holding the badges. you dont have to use the product if you add hot water and use your hands to peel the adhesive should be fine

Product here

thanks guys

Im looking to get spacers, what spacers would i need for 18" speedlines.

to debadge the car, i used hot water and a piece of string, must people advice fishing line string but i used clothing string
lick.gif
that should remove the letters then i used a product from halfords to remove the adhesive that was holding the badges. you dont have to use the product if you add hot water and use your hands to peel the adhesive should be fine

Product here

thanks guys

It depends on the width and offset of your wheels. Its hard to tell by the pictures but 15-20mm at the back and about 15mm at the front (All Hubcentric) but would need more pics and info to be certain.

Thanks for the help with debadging, think i'll try it at the weekend!!

Right i managed to take out the rear rim to find out the rim details to see what spacers would go on.

ET 54 - 7.5J

what spacers mm would be required? what would look best on it.

So ive been busy with mods. Ill let the pictures do the talking but must say a major thanks to Ash187 (ive messed up his sleeping patern and i found out what his worse enemy is. a 'torx screw' well on my car anyway :p)

IMG_3281.jpg

Treating my self :wub:

IMG_3304.jpg

Ash doing what he does best, taking my car apart :ninja:

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

Taking off the bumper, was a mission due to 2 torx screws - ask ash how long did it take! :arco:

IMG_3307.jpg

After a long day of work.

IMG_3310.jpg

After shot of mine and ash car. PS. ash car doesnt look nothing like in the pics eheheheh cant wait for it to be done woop wooop!

IMG_3361.jpg

Opppppgnamstyle! playing youtube videos of my iphone on the headunit. also got new climate control fitted with the chrome surrond.

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

Before Spacers.

IMG_3317.jpg

After Spacers. 10MM front and 12MM rears.

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

At ADI 2012.

IMG_3339.jpg

On the way to ADI service stop because we was hungry :think:

Thank guys for viewing, im planning to do a few more mods in the future.

Auto lights maybe soon due to me having a crack in my windscreen etc, all to blame is Ash187 with all the cool mods he gets into your head. :w00t:

That looks so much better, great work.

Liking the Pioneer AVH unit - How does that integrate with a MFSW, handsfree etc?
Does it leave "errors"?

Last edited: