Just done dpf delete & remap to safe 200bhp on my brothers 2.0tdi 170 quattro.......

Baza1819

Reaction score
My brothers' Dpf light kept coming on & it finally went I to limp mode ( nightmare ). Took it to Jb0o at Hartlepool for a regen / remove limp mode to no avail !
So finally persuaded him to have the Dpf removed manually from the car & a remap / delete Dpf from software by Big fish running of stokesley.
The car it fantastic now, only took it upto a moderate 205bhp but it's drives amazing, totally different car / animal if ya want to drive that way ( your shout ) !
In total it cost £400 but the car feels & drives 50% better through the full range of gears / revs ! We could have took the car upto 220bhp & boosted the turbo up but decided it wasn't necessary as he isn't a bit kid boy racer !

The removal & delete is 100% the way forward for you's guys who are unsure of what to do if your having Dpf issues !!
Cheers to Jb0o. DixonH, and John @ big fish tunning :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brodster, richya1971 and gav2910
Nice one, glad its all sorted and it does make a massive difference.

Aye cheers Dixon, it certainly does make a difference !
John's a nice bloke aswell, job sorted - peace & quiet for me !! Lol

Not sure to be honest, contact John - sales@bigfishtuning.co.uk
He can give you all the data, but the car feels 100% better all round !

I've asked for the numbers - will post when I receive them Rav !

Last edited:
Sounds good. Maybe update this thread on how the car runs after a few months to make sure it runs long term fine (as in error lights popping up). I'm leaning more towards removing mine now, I was never thinking about it but must admit after the injector recall it seems to want to regenerate a lot (and this works fine but...when it's regernating the car is jerky to drive in slow traffic).

Reactions: A3KevB
Well its a safe map upto 205bhp & + 40llbs of torque, could have whopped both figures up quite a bit more - but more than happy with figures & driveability / performance.......

Did you ever look a bit closer to home with PDTuning Baza..?

They used to be at Boldon but have moved to leechmere now. Got mine remapped up there, spot on lads and are mega helpful with anything you need to know ;-)

Did you ever look a bit closer to home with PDTuning Baza..?&nbsp;<br><br>They used to be at Boldon but have moved to leechmere now. &nbsp;Got mine remapped up there, spot on lads and are mega helpful with anything you need to know ;-)

I used them to do my motorhome when they were in houghton - wasn't that impressed tbh
( thats if its the same firm )

Bazza, did you brother ever have any starting problems?

and did you say he had hesitation about 3k onwards in 4th, 5th and 6th?

Cheers

CB

No starting issues, he did have the odd stutter then away !
Now just pure smooth sweet safe power, could have turned it up alot more but he wanted safe smooth drive !
Happy days' is his words......

Was the dpf removed and then gutted or was a replacement pipe fitted?

If you wish to avoid problems at MOT time, the dpf must be cut open, gutted, then rewelded.

Cool, could you do me a favour?! ask him what it now revs to please?

Mine I think has been mapped, although I dont think its a fast as before with the dodgy map, today it seemed to run out of steam about 4500 rpm, so be good to know where they stop standard and when chipped.

Cheers!

Really?? Mine just passed its MOT with the DPF removed completely

There's meant to be a visual inspectioon of the DPF to check its actually there. In reality most MOT centres dont look under the bonnet for anything & wouldn't know what they were looking for... There is always the chance they might though, & then it's an instant failure.

The pipe was removed, cut open & the dpf removed. It revs quicker & smoother all the way round, 0 - 60 not tried or going too.
Just happy the way it shifts !

Really?? Mine just passed its MOT with the DPF removed completely

If the proposed new EU regulations come in to effect then the MOT will include a measure of the actual particles in the exhaust. Without a DPF a car will fail because the new regulations require it to meet the standards for that particular vehicle when Type Approval was granted as is the current situation in Germany.

anyone+anyone.jpg

....meet the standards for that particular vehicle when Type Approval was granted as is the current situation in Germany.

But is it not the case and we aren't in Germany :)

Is it worth me doing this to mine. Won't have any troubles with the mot etc will? I know a few people have said there might be and might not be

That doesn't seem like a bad price. I was quoted over that... As I've just said in another thread to many £££ at the mo but need to seriously consider it. You can always tell when the DPF lught is about come on cos it drives like a bag of s****

How much did it cost you?

Cost £150 for dpf removal, then £50 for dpf software delete & £200 for custom map !!
Only took it to 205bhp, but it well rapid !!
Doing mine this weekend > gonna take it upto 230 !!

The remap / Dpf delete was done by bigfishtuning in stokesley ( John / Owner ) top bloke, cannot do enough for you !!
the Dpf removal was done by my pal ( mechanic in Sunderland / Durham ) not sure where your from but if it not too far away I can get it sorted for you pal ?

Looking fwd to my new car due to upgrades......... Lol
and leaving our young'n in his 205bhp Sportback ! Hahaha

Thats mine all removed & mapped upto 220bhp > its well rapid, like a new motor !!! Worth every penny IMHO !!!

Where could i get this done around manchester for a similar price ? Anyone ?

Reactions: A3KevB
Just drive up to sunderland, it's a day out & the drive back will be much quicker !! Lol
Inbox if ya want me to sort it for you......

I thought there was an issue with DPF removals on Quattros (I may have misread that in my early days of ownership mind you).

I'll cosnider doing this after my warranty runs out, does anyone have an recommendatiosn for someone genuinely good to do it in the South, I'm in Southampton.

Where could i get this done around manchester for a similar price ? Anyone ?

i have had mine done at unicorn motor sport based in Stockport. Rick there knows his stuff and it is excellent service. Makes your car the way it is supposed to be, deffo worth doing.

Thinking of having mine done there! Had nothing but problems with my dpf after the injector recall. How's your car after the removel? Any problems with warning lights? Mpg?

Without wanting to sound like a smart ***, the DPF isn't the problem. The DPF is what gets massively affected because of the problem

Too many people remove the DPF thinking that this will solve their issues, to a degree it does in that the light doesn't come on & you don't have continuous regens, however this doesn't deal with the underlying cause of why this is happening. Yes the regens & light coming on are a pain in the ***, but try to get the car running correctly before removing the DPF otherwise you'll just be masking the underlying issues.

Without wanting to sound like a smart ***, the DPF isn't the problem. The DPF is what gets massively affected because of the problem

Too many people remove the DPF thinking that this will solve their issues, to a degree it does in that the light doesn't come on & you don't have continuous regens, however this doesn't deal with the underlying cause of why this is happening. Yes the regens & light coming on are a pain in the ***, but try to get the car running correctly before removing the DPF otherwise you'll just be masking the underlying issues.

You are correct, I had mine removed and found the reason I had problems with it in the first place (injectors) so I had this resolved, I also had my turbo taken apart and cleaned to make sure that was still 100% and was not part of the problem. So I'd say yes get the DPF removed as it will resolve issues and make the car a lot more enjoyable to drive.

But as mentioned above do address what's causing the issue to begin with.