TDi ECU - plug and play or wishful thinking?

Cossie_boy

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Does anyone know if its as simple as swapping the box in terms of fitting another ECU?

After my TDi 170 has now had a new injectors, harness, tandem pump, turbo, actuator, feed pipes, EGR and throttle body checked and cleaned, it still holds back one second on one second off in 4/5/6 above 3k revs, and apparently speaking to the previous owner the car has done this from new but Audi could not find the fault!

In process of elimination im thinking could it now be the ECU as I was told this is the one thing that does not show up fault codes as shows all clear.

I saw one on ebay for £200 and was thinking what at the chances I could get that and fit it and solves problems?

Many thanks for any information

CB

Take it to big fish running ( John). My bothers car did it but the remap cured the issue !

Really? wow, you have the exact same car as me :salute:

So was hesitating as described? I can only think the ECU had a fault from new then, so a remap clears any faults with new software?

ECU will need coding with immo, so its not exactly pnp & must be exact same part number.

Cant recall but manual or auto?

Its a manual mate, how do I tell which engine type mine is? I keep seeing BKD I think, mine is the 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro March 2008?

Also is it possible for Audi, or someone who maps cars, to be able to tell if the ECU has a fault?

As he said :)

Best bet is to reflash the ecu with stock firmware at audi & see what occurs, only takes 30 minutes tops with road testing.

Ok cheers, that is, once I can get it started, GRRRR, ***!

Just went to car to move it as sat there since i drove it back Friday from them, turned over and and over and over, i know diesels do not do this! It did also flash a message on the dash very quickly but didnt catch it, again, GRRRR!

Ill try it again in a bit but this is reaaaaaaaly starting to pee me off now :(