Rear side window blinds for sportback?

• Thread starter imported_highlander1
  • Start date
I

imported_highlander1

Hi there I was wondering if anyone knows if these are available. I am looking for the type that fits to the door and not the window as I would like to be able to put the window down on a warm day.
Cheers,
Deano.

This option was specified on my sportback (which arrived at the dealership today!) I might be able to see it later today.

I'll let you know the details as soon as I know.

My car was ordered from the 2005 spec list, which had the rear window blinds listed as an option. The car however, is a 2006 model and I could not see this option in the 2006 spec options, so I don't know what I'll actually have!

Got these on mine - they pull up from the bottom and are built into the door itself, hooking on to hooks (strangely enough) at the top of the door, so you can have the rear windows at any position with the blinds in place - they don't touch the glass at all. Pretty nifty.

-Lou

Popped in to see my new car on the way home tonight, was glad to see all options were present and correct!

As little_wing says, they hook onto the door frame and don't touch the window which is great.

Roll on Saturday when I collect the car!

Do you know if this option can be retro fitted. We are going on holiday in September to France and would like to have these but also be able to use the windows. I talked to the local Audi dealership and they didn't have a clue.
Cheers for your help.
Deano.

I am sure they can be but it's not just a simple attachment of the blind. The door capping is completely different to allow for the blind. The usual shape is a curved top but the blind version is more flat topped with the blind sunk into a recess on the top if you get the idea. Probably quite expensive to change!

Not sure where the clips would attach at the top of the door frame though.