Could maybe a Remap solve my engine problems.....?

BigWillyStyle

Reaction score
In my other threads i've posted i've stated that my auto S-Line 2.0 TDI has problems starting, more so when engine temp is at half way, stalling (Unusual considering its an auto),revs dropping and increasing in low gears making it 'jump' and changing down in gears roughly when i brake like its over revving.

I was wondering could this be something to do with fuelling or an ECU?

Just trying to think of everything to solve the problem because im pretty damn worried about it!

P.S i've been told about the Mechatronic unit going t*ts up but im trying not to think about that :noway:

Last edited:
a REMAP will only make the problems worse and fail on a bigger scale, it's not the answer if you engine is not running 100%

I agree ^^^

an engine should only be mapped when it's healthy.

its a bit like tearing a leg off a dog then telling him to run faster and with better technique.

Just isn't gonna happen.

a REMAP will only make the problems worse and fail on a bigger scale, it's not the answer if you engine is not running 100%

I agree ^^^

an engine should only be mapped when it's healthy.

its a bit like tearing a leg off a dog then telling him to run faster and with better technique.

Just isn't gonna happen.

B*lls!

Was kinda hoping this would solve the problem! Its been on a diagnostic machine but no faults.

Going to my mates garage again on Sat so hopefully he will have an idea, if not, im screwed!

A cheap place to start would be change the plugs, have the MAF and clean that or replace if you can find a cheap one, dosent sound ECU or Mechatronic related to me

A cheap place to start would be change the plugs, have the MAF and clean that or replace if you can find a cheap one, dosent sound ECU or Mechatronic related to me

If it was the ECU or Mechatronic unit i'd assume something would have came up on the Diagnostic machine?

Echo what the others have said, only map it when its running smoothly.