Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: burbank2broward's a3 build thread

Neutral

Status

burbank2broward's a3 build thread

This build thread might take a while to finish but ill start it up anyways. The Audi section sucks and no one is really active so I decided to make a build here. Anyways short story goes.... A few weeks after SoWo 2012 I decided to part out my car and get something worth while to drive. Since my golf was an auto I was bored out of my mind driving it. Anyways.... I sold the air, wheels, exhaust, intake, etc etc and had money saved up and ready for the new car. But life threw me one of the biggest curve balls...... My father passed away on July 1st 2012 from a random heart attack at the age of 51. So instead of saving the money towards my new car.... I gave it all to my mom to help with bills and expenses. This build will most likely be little small mods here and there and when I move out and my mom is ok on her own I will start adding more of the expensive mods, aka suspension and wheels.

Heres some pics of my old car.... GOLF 2.5L MK6, V2 autopilot air ride , 1552 tarmacs colormatched candy white, eurojet exhaust, nuespeed p flo intake, GAYOMATIC transmission

Heres a pic of my new car

2013 Audi a3 2.0t 6spd MT

heres a pic of my first mod

MONSTER MATS! :thumbup:

Last edited by burbank2broward; 21st August 2012 at 16:03.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Hey welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your Dad... my condolences go to you and your mum.

nice Golf you had there! i bet the A3 will be looking sweet when you are done. its a good thing you are going to be starting slow and building up... you get to enjoy the mods and car more
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Gievf Buckets

Status
    got any more pics of your golf or a link to the thread <3

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

1st Gear

Status
    That Golf is sexual mate - onwards and upwards though. Half the fun of having a car like that is the journey you take. Look forward to seeing how this progresses, especially with your form!

Neutral

Status
    here are some proper shots I took

rear2 by burbank2broward, on Flickr

front1 by burbank2broward, on Flickr

side1 by burbank2broward, on Flickr
    Last edited by burbank2broward; 21st August 2012 at 16:04.

Neutral

Status
    just ordered another little small mod

- for headlights

- for fogs

hopefully it will look something close to this

Neutral

Status
    this car is my motivation. I was photoshopping my grill last night and I really like the clean look of the chrome vs all blacked out. Also I've always wanted a pair of polished/chrome wheels.... That kind of setup was going to be my next set setup when I still had my golf.... this is how I want my car to look. fishbowl and all

Neutral

Status
    another small mod to match my new headlights coming in!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    Hey welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your Dad... my condolences go to you and your mum.

nice Golf you had there! i bet the A3 will be looking sweet when you are done. its a good thing you are going to be starting slow and building up... you get to enjoy the mods and car more
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluefox View Post
    That Golf is sexual mate - onwards and upwards though. Half the fun of having a car like that is the journey you take. Look forward to seeing how this progresses, especially with your form!
    thanks for the kinds words guys

Quote Originally Posted by PH1L View Post
    got any more pics of your golf or a link to the thread <3
    heres my old build thread.... Project: STORMTROOPER - VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

at first youll notice that I had NO CLUEEEEE what I was doing haha
    Last edited by burbank2broward; 21st August 2012 at 16:05.
    PH1L likes this.

Neutral

Status
    had an eventful day today..... I debaged my car and gave her, her first bath. :thumbup:

here are some pics

debaged

clean cars are clean

sparkles

6th Gear

Status
    Welcome to the forum

Like the golf fella and looking forward to seeing what you do with the A3. What plans do you have long term? Or just see how it goes?
    Will you be putting air on the A3? Sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences go to you and your mum.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash B View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Like the golf fella and looking forward to seeing what you do with the A3. What plans do you have long term? Or just see how it goes?
    Will you be putting air on the A3? Sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences go to you and your mum.
    eventually I would love to have Stage 2, wheels, air or coils. Still debating if I want to go the air route again.

Neutral

Status
    did a little photoshop to see how my car would look with these wheels. VMR V705. I'm really digging the style. Once I move out and get life in ordered will would most likely get these. If nothing else grabs my attention

original image

photoshopped

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by burbank2broward View Post
    thanks for the kinds words guys

heres my old build thread.... Project: STORMTROOPER - VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

at first youll notice that I had NO CLUEEEEE what I was doing haha
    its all a learning curve brother i have gone from knowing very little to looking into stuff audi dont even list as an option all in 3 or so years of audi ownership

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods

Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Neutral

Status
    update: I just installed the headlights and fog lights... I must say I'm really impressed how the headlights turned out. I used to have 8k HIDS in my halogens on my golf and I used to get complaints that I would blind people driving etc etc. With these Nokya they look like HIDS but still act as normal headlights. AMAZING I must say.

I still have a few things I want to do to make the look better, like remove DRLS and cornering lights with Vag-Com etc etc

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Sorry to hear about your Pops, very noble thing to do. Hopefully you'll get the A3 to a similar standard of the Golf

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Neutral

Status

Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your Pops, very noble thing to do. Hopefully you'll get the A3 to a similar standard of the Golf
    It'll get there eventually no doubt. Just might take some time

Neutral

Status
    i just ordered a sline emblem badge to go with the rest of the sline badges that already came on my car but for some reason the new a3s dont get an S-Line emblem for the front. Its really weird. I have S-line on the outside of my car, inside in the trim, the steering wheel is the sporty one, the shifter is the leather one, etc etc

only the quattros come with that little emblem on the grille...

sline trim and badges that came with the car

sline front emblem badge

here is how it is going to look (found a pic on someones else's build thread)

Last edited by burbank2broward; 23rd August 2012 at 23:58.

H88
    1st Gear

Status
    Welcome to the forum mate,nice looking car you got there )I like that monster mats,it would be good for winter,any links to the website?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by H88 View Post
    Welcome to the forum mate,nice looking car you got there )I like that monster mats,it would be good for winter,any links to the website?
    i got them from the dealer (last one in the whole place with the A3 symbol)
    Last edited by burbank2broward; 23rd August 2012 at 23:13.

1st Gear

Status
    Nice car, jealous of your back drops! Could do with some FL sun!
    A1 | 1.4 TFSI | S-Line | Misano Red

Neutral

Status
    i read this on another forum

"starting with the 2009 facelift S-line is now an exterior trim package--upgraded bumpers, spoiler and fender badges. It's a standard feature for the 2012+ model year."

2nd Gear

Status
    Golf was lovely mate, some hard work went into it by the looks! Sorry about your dad and condolences to your mum.

Look forward to seeing what you make of your new A3.

Cheers,
    Si
    Currently Driving - 2012 White 3 Door A3 170 Quattro Black Edition with loads of toys! - It's here and I love it!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

It'll get there eventually no doubt. Just might take some time
    All in the fun that though brother

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Neutral

Status

So I went to see my widow sticker about this sline ordeal and I found this

Neutral

Status
    so the License Plate lights that I bought threw a code so I'm going to try these. They seem like OEM bulbs but with a blue tint. hopefully it'll match my headlights that I bought.

NOKYA® Hyper White License Plate Bulbs 2010 Audi A3 2010;2010

Neutral

Status
    So im trying to figure out how to disable my DRLs and Cornering Lights in my head lights. But when I google search I only find things for the LED DRLS and nothing for regular DRLS... is there anyone that knows VAG-COM or anyone that can help me out or lead me in the right direction? it would be greatly appreciated.

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    on a the facelift you may get an option in the DIS otherwise it can be deactivated with VCDS
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash187 View Post
    on a the facelift you may get an option in the DIS otherwise it can be deactivated with VCDS
    what do you mean by facelift and DIS? i know what VCDS (Vagcom) is.

1st Gear

Status
    what do you mean by facelift and DIS? i know what VCDS (Vagcom) is.
    Facelift is which style you have as in 8P1, 8P2 or 8P3.. Facelift is 8P3 and the newest of them, 58/09 onwards I think.. Yours is an 8P3 so a facelift.. there's a thread in the how to's that will show you the difference..

DIS, drivers information system, its the screen between your speedo and revs.. you have a switch on the end of you wiper stalk that allows you to scroll through..

Lovely looking car, can't wait to see what you do with it..
    Audi A3 2.0TDI Black Remapped, with S3 Exterior, Half Leathers, 18" Alloys, Xenons, Tints, Cruise, Armrest, FBMFSW and RNS-E with BT...
    Have VCDS either around bristol, term time, or beds/cambs during holidays/some weekends..
    16V Classic Mini Mid Engined RWD 1.8VVC http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28324

Neutral

Status
    DIS = the Onboard Computer
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sportback ¦ Phantom Pearl Black ¦ 16" alloys ¦ 58 Plate ¦ Acoustic Rear Parking System ¦ Criuse Control ¦ Interior Light Package ¦ Light & Rain Sensor ¦ Door Mirrors Auto Dimming and Folding

Neutral

Status
    I tried to do vagcom my DRLs and cornering lights last night and its hella confusing and I couldn't seem to get them to go off when I had my fogs only on.... so I just put everything back to normal and I might order some LEDS or bulbs to place in my DRLs.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by icekay View Post
    DIS = the Onboard Computer
    DIS = Driver Information System

Neutral

Status
    so the License Plate lights that I bought threw a code so I'm going to try these. They seem like OEM bulbs but with a blue tint. hopefully it'll match my headlights that I bought.

NOKYA® Hyper White License Plate Bulbs 2010 Audi A3 2010;2010
    heres the results

Ash187 likes this.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Very nice

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Neutral

Status
    FINALLY GOT IT!! Looks hella OEM+!! sline badge installed

Neutral

Status
    Heres a DIY I came up with for attaching the sline badge to newer a3 models:

DIY ON INSTALLING SLINE EMBLEM ON NEW A3 MODELS:

heres a pic of the badge that I used:

First and formost I received the badge but the clips to connect it were just plain metal. So in order for it to not rust I painted them with Valspar max Anti Rust black gloss paint.

Heres the tricky part. You might need someone with small fingers to do this next step. I used my girlfriend!

Note: You want to bend the clips a little wider so when you attach them to the grille it wont be super tight.

You want to install the clips with the long piece downwards and the two teeth uptop. Slide the clip into the grill and make sure to not drop it and clip the clip onto the horizontal bar. Make sure when you clip the clips to the grill you keep referring to the badge so it can line up.

Next you want to push the badge onto the grill with simultaneously holding the back of the clips and push them together

Once you feel it tighten this should be the result

MPG the new BPH

Status
    great car

2009 (58) plate audi A3 Sline 2.0TDI, DRL's with washers, Half Leather / Alcantara, I Pod Aux, 15% tints / EM tuning L.E.D. interior upgrade, fully machine corrected!

Neutral

Status
    since it was a sunny day in south florida i gave her a bath

Gievf Buckets

Status
    what rims you got planned?

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast