Lower Bumper Trim - Towbar Hatch

• Thread starter Deleted member 70421
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 70421

Hello!

My first post here. Learning lots already but I have a quick question I can't find the answer too. I want to fit a detachable tow bar to my S Line Sportback (2006) to tow a jet ski. I'm looking to change the lower trim to the one with a removable panel on it, but Audi are saying it requires painting. Is there one from another part number that doesn't require painting? As the one on the car at the moment is matt black/un-painted.

I've seen some in eBay in the past in the matt finish and the panel but the exhaust cutout was too small.

Cheers,
Tim

No they come in primer and need painting as Audi advised unfortunately.

Needs painting and the primer colour isn't matt black, more of a dark grey. The one on your car would be painted too.

The trim cost less than a ton and painting by Audi was £140. I went to an Audi Approved bodyshop (the same bodyshop Audi was going to use to paint it) and they said £120 but he'd do it for £100. I sort of vaguely new him so he gave me a deal. It went through Audi's Computer system so its a fully approved paint job with relevant warranties but cost £40 cheaper. My S3 was brilliant red but there are more than 1 shade of Brilliant red. So you'll have to match up your paintwork to your trim anyway.

Theres no way around it. If you want cheaper then buy the trim and a can of halford Audi spray paint. Or ask a mate to paint it.

got it in the end from Audi. Although it doesn't match up with the lower mounting brackets that the last trim mounted onto. And the hatch isn't quite deep enough... The bottom of the hatch is a bit too thick meaning its a bit tight to get the bar in and out. may need to trim it slightly.

I went with a westfalia Detachable tow bar. No fitting problems at all. Its the OEM German Towbar that Audi fit although Audi UK wont fit it. I Pf Jones'd it!! :)