Revo map without using a rolling road?

MarkMS3

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have inquired about a Revo stage 1 map for my 8p2 S3, I asked if the car would be dyno'd before and after to see if the car was operating within perameters but he has replyed saying they prefer to do it on the road under real load, atmospheric conditions etc, is this a common practice as i always thought it was the rolling road option?

mine was done that way..probably it's better because those are real conditions.

They can set it up better on the road as that where your be driving it mate more accurate readings

It does make sense to me but just read threads on here people saying rolling road, plots before and after etc etc, one thing thats is really putting me off is the fact it can highlight firing problems and clutch slipping etc! my car has done just over 60000 so was wondering if a new clutch would be advisable?

i'm runing now almost 40 000 km's and it's 30 000 on remaps, first i had stage 2, now i switched to revo stage 2+ for 5 000 km's, and i had a ocassional clutch slip, but it depends how you drive it. your clutch will be fine if you don't torment it. if you don't do 0-60 launches, accelerate hard from 2000 rpms in higher gears, clutch will be fine. you should probably start saving for a new clutch anyways.
revo remaps are really great. had issues with old stage 2 map but with revo not a single one.

LOL I have the credit card stashed away for when the clutch needs doing, i never looked into how much one was until after i had bought my S3 and i though oh ****! Audi know how to charge for parts/labour thats for sure!

LOL I have the credit card stashed away for when the clutch needs doing, i never looked into how much one was until after i had bought my S3 and i though oh ****! Audi know how to charge for parts/labour thats for sure!
after remap you should go for a stronger/aftermarket one :D

When my Golf was done, it was done on a RR before and after in controlled conditions, then road tested. Of you ask me, the only place to thrash a car safely is on a track or a rolling road. Doing it this way allows for lots more runs and fine tuning.

IMO, anyway.

When my Golf was done, it was done on a RR before and after in controlled conditions, then road tested. Of you ask me, the only place to thrash a car safely is on a track or a rolling road. Doing it this way allows for lots more runs and fine tuning.

IMO, anyway.
that's the best way.

IMO, anyway.

Agree.

I have tuned cars on the road, but it takes a LOT longer and even then you still have areas on the map that your going to miss.
After weeks of datalogging and tuning i thought my cars previous tune was pretty much perfect, we then left on hols only for the car to struggle at certain sections of a hill, simply because i had been able to recreate these loads on my local roads when tuning.
On a rolling road you can adjust the load and keep a consistent throttle and/or RPM point.

It is better to tune on a rolling road with a road test after.
Some shops don't use RR's as they are expensive and and a fair bit of money, room and time for proper training needs dedicating to install, run and maintain.

For me personally i would not pay for a shop to tune my car if they didn't have a rolling road.

Mine has always been set up using both.....RR first,then a good long session on the road.

For me personally i would not pay for a shop to tune my car if they didn't have a rolling road.

Me neither. The place I had mine done at RR'd it before, went over everything with a fine tooth comb to check boost leaks etc. It was then mapped on a few runs and then checked completely again. I'd like to see someone give the same time and attention to a car when its on the public road.