Parking sensor location on RS3 Grill

Arjuanamo

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased an RS3 grill and was wondering where the front centre parking sensors go on the grill as the number plate holder usually has them built in on all A3/S3's .You have to buy the number plate holder separately and from the looks of it ,it has no space for parking sensors on it :/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345218271922467

Hi,

I recently purchased an RS3 grill and was wondering where the front centre parking sensors go on the grill as the number plate holder usually has them built in on all A3/S3's .You have to buy the number plate holder separately and from the looks of it ,it has no space for parking sensors on it :/

View attachment 6155

If you struggle or can't fit this due to the sensors, first dibs on the grill if you need to sell it on.

can i ask how much the grill was? are the surround & rings sold separately?

Hmmmm ive seen these special PDC's for the RS5 grill ,i hope there is an easier way than buying these for the RS3 grill :/

Google-Ergebnis für http://www.bks-tuning.com/WebRoot/Store9/Shops/17141421/4D35/CED5/8C29/EC84/4BBC/C0A8/2936/087E/Audi_RS5_PDC.jpg

I was looking on every ebay in the EU for the last couple weeks and i saw this on ebay germany for bids,i waited untill the last 5 second and put 300 down and won it for 277 :) I need the black grill surround what is the same as the A3/S3 one so that shouldn't be too hard to find.I can't see the Audi logo for the RS3 grill anywhere,might have to ring Chingford Audi ,ive heard RS parts are strictly sold to people who own them so that might be an Issue :(

Perhaps Audi assumes that anyone purchasing an RS model knows how to park. :D

Reactions: Artimus and Sandra
Loool fair play mate ,you really don't need front sensors but they were part of the "comfort package" what saved me quite a lot overall .Maybe the money i saved then will be used to get these PDC's onto the grill .I wouldn't mind just disconnecting them but thats gonna give me an error sound whenever i try to park or reverse :(

audi logo for the RS3, you mean the badge or Rings?

Hmmmm ive seen these special PDC's for the RS5 grill ,i hope there is an easier way than buying these for the RS3 grill :/

Google-Ergebnis für http://www.bks-tuning.com/WebRoot/Store9/Shops/17141421/4D35/CED5/8C29/EC84/4BBC/C0A8/2936/087E/Audi_RS5_PDC.jpg

I was looking on every ebay in the EU for the last couple weeks and i saw this on ebay germany for bids,i waited untill the last 5 second and put 300 down and won it for 277 :) I need the black grill surround what is the same as the A3/S3 one so that shouldn't be too hard to find.I can't see the Audi logo for the RS3 grill anywhere,might have to ring Chingford Audi ,ive heard RS parts are strictly sold to people who own them so that might be an Issue :(

Not if you know people with an RS ;)

Have you thought about contacting Dave from Stoke Audi in the trader section, he is extremely helpfully. Let me know if you give up on this as I would be interested in the grill.

Cheers

As per above you cant get RS3's with front sensors, as etka shows aswell, but thats not to say you cant bond them in place, they were fairly close to the grill surround anyway, so have a play with bluetak to see what they look like.

Phil as said above the RS3 was not available with them so it is personal preference where they go bumper or grill for retrofitting

Nope, not according to etka, as same bumper for all RS3's mate & it shows pdc but only for rear.

im only going by photos i saw , they were probably retro'd must have been a good job to slip through my eyes

Ahhh that is a shame ,i guess i will try to put them in the grill ,not sure what i will use to hold them in place though :/ . I need to get a number plate holder aswell but was thinking if i can make a custom one with PDC's built in to it then that will solve all the problems

Just bore em to size and tiger seal from the back when you get your plate holder job done

I've got a brand new grill badge. OEM and still sealed. I've PM'd you too.

Mine has also got front parking sensors and didn't realise that the two inner ones are in the grille.

So I may have possibly a brand new RS3 grille for sale! Aluminium matt version, but I hear you can use the normal S3 BE surround on it. So could be made to look like a hybrid like someone else's on here.

Ive ordered something which I hope will sort it for me. Otherwise get those offers in! Got the plate bracket too!