Chris NottAH Fabrications
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OCD-A3

Thread: Parking sensor location on RS3 Grill

Status

Parking sensor location on RS3 Grill

Hi,

I recently purchased an RS3 grill and was wondering where the front centre parking sensors go on the grill as the number plate holder usually has them built in on all A3/S3's .You have to buy the number plate holder separately and from the looks of it ,it has no space for parking sensors on it :/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345218271.922467.jpg
    Ibis White 2011 A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI Black Edition S Tronic

Extras : 18" Speedline Alloys | EBC Green Pads & Discs| Interior LED's | Gloss Black Splitter & Fog Grills | Open Sky Panoramic | Phillips Diamond Vision Fogs | OEM Silver Indicators & LED Number Plate Lights | S3 Side Skirts & Front Bumper | RS3 Grill & Back Bumper |S3 Aluminium Pedals & Mirrors | Piped Mats |RNSE| Auto Dimming Mirrors | Roadhawk Pro |Twin Chrome Oval Exhaust |

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Asarao123 View Post
    Hi,

I recently purchased an RS3 grill and was wondering where the front centre parking sensors go on the grill as the number plate holder usually has them built in on all A3/S3's .You have to buy the number plate holder separately and from the looks of it ,it has no space for parking sensors on it :/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345218271.922467.jpg

If you struggle or can't fit this due to the sensors, first dibs on the grill if you need to sell it on.

5th Gear

Status
    can i ask how much the grill was? are the surround & rings sold separately?

Status
    Hmmmm ive seen these special PDC's for the RS5 grill ,i hope there is an easier way than buying these for the RS3 grill :/

Google-Ergebnis für http://www.bks-tuning.com/WebRoot/Store9/Shops/17141421/4D35/CED5/8C29/EC84/4BBC/C0A8/2936/087E/Audi_RS5_PDC.jpg

I was looking on every ebay in the EU for the last couple weeks and i saw this on ebay germany for bids,i waited untill the last 5 second and put 300 down and won it for 277 I need the black grill surround what is the same as the A3/S3 one so that shouldn't be too hard to find.I can't see the Audi logo for the RS3 grill anywhere,might have to ring Chingford Audi ,ive heard RS parts are strictly sold to people who own them so that might be an Issue

1st Gear

Status

Re: Parking sensor location on RS3 Grill

Perhaps Audi assumes that anyone purchasing an RS model knows how to park. :D
    Sandra and Artimus like this.

Status

Loool fair play mate ,you really don't need front sensors but they were part of the "comfort package" what saved me quite a lot overall .Maybe the money i saved then will be used to get these PDC's onto the grill .I wouldn't mind just disconnecting them but thats gonna give me an error sound whenever i try to park or reverse

Extras : 18" Speedline Alloys | EBC Green Pads & Discs| Interior LED's | Gloss Black Splitter & Fog Grills | Open Sky Panoramic | Phillips Diamond Vision Fogs | OEM Silver Indicators & LED Number Plate Lights | S3 Side Skirts & Front Bumper | RS3 Grill & Back Bumper |S3 Aluminium Pedals & Mirrors | Piped Mats |RNSE| Auto Dimming Mirrors | Roadhawk Pro |Twin Chrome Oval Exhaust |

5th Gear

Status
    audi logo for the RS3, you mean the badge or Rings?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Asarao123 View Post
    Hmmmm ive seen these special PDC's for the RS5 grill ,i hope there is an easier way than buying these for the RS3 grill :/

Google-Ergebnis für http://www.bks-tuning.com/WebRoot/Store9/Shops/17141421/4D35/CED5/8C29/EC84/4BBC/C0A8/2936/087E/Audi_RS5_PDC.jpg

I was looking on every ebay in the EU for the last couple weeks and i saw this on ebay germany for bids,i waited untill the last 5 second and put 300 down and won it for 277 I need the black grill surround what is the same as the A3/S3 one so that shouldn't be too hard to find.I can't see the Audi logo for the RS3 grill anywhere,might have to ring Chingford Audi ,ive heard RS parts are strictly sold to people who own them so that might be an Issue
    Not if you know people with an RS

Have you thought about contacting Dave from Stoke Audi in the trader section, he is extremely helpfully. Let me know if you give up on this as I would be interested in the grill.

Cheers

5th Gear

Status
    no rs3's came with front sensors
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    As per above you cant get RS3's with front sensors, as etka shows aswell, but thats not to say you cant bond them in place, they were fairly close to the grill surround anyway, so have a play with bluetak to see what they look like.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    One of the guys on RS246 retrofitted them but he put the holes in the bumper not the grill

RS246.com Forum :: The World's #1 Audi R, S and RS Enthusiast Website &bull; View topic - Front Parking Sensors Retro-Fit and Digital TV

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

Gievf Buckets

Status
    i belive that they are in the bumper (all 4) not the grill on the rs3

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

5th Gear

Status
    Phil as said above the RS3 was not available with them so it is personal preference where they go bumper or grill for retrofitting

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Nope, not according to etka, as same bumper for all RS3's mate & it shows pdc but only for rear.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Gievf Buckets

Status
    im only going by photos i saw , they were probably retro'd must have been a good job to slip through my eyes

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods

Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Status

Ahhh that is a shame ,i guess i will try to put them in the grill ,not sure what i will use to hold them in place though :/ . I need to get a number plate holder aswell but was thinking if i can make a custom one with PDC's built in to it then that will solve all the problems

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Just bore em to size and tiger seal from the back when you get your plate holder job done

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

1st Gear

Status
    I've got a brand new grill badge. OEM and still sealed. I've PM'd you too.
    2011 S3 Sportback Black Edition - Exclusive Suzuka Grey

Opensky | Buckets | Comfort Pack | Extended Leather Pack | Interior Light Pack | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Front and Rear Parking Sensors | Rear and Side Sun Blinds

Mods - RS3 Diffuser | H&R 10/12mm Spacers | Philips CV fogs | Full Interior LED Bulbs | Polarg Number plate Bulbs | Gloss Black Front Splitter

Mods to come - RS3 grille | Supersprint Dual Exhaust

1st Gear

Status
    Mine has also got front parking sensors and didn't realise that the two inner ones are in the grille.

So I may have possibly a brand new RS3 grille for sale! Aluminium matt version, but I hear you can use the normal S3 BE surround on it. So could be made to look like a hybrid like someone else's on here.

Ive ordered something which I hope will sort it for me. Otherwise get those offers in! Got the plate bracket too!
    2011 S3 Sportback Black Edition - Exclusive Suzuka Grey

Opensky | Buckets | Comfort Pack | Extended Leather Pack | Interior Light Pack | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Front and Rear Parking Sensors | Rear and Side Sun Blinds

Mods - RS3 Diffuser | H&R 10/12mm Spacers | Philips CV fogs | Full Interior LED Bulbs | Polarg Number plate Bulbs | Gloss Black Front Splitter

Mods to come - RS3 grille | Supersprint Dual Exhaust