iPod in glovebox query

Wicked666

Reaction score
Website
www.talkaudio.co.uk
Hi

I wanted to dash mount my iphone but have it connected to the dock I have in the glovebox so it charges, I can hear my music and can hear sat nav through speakers.

I bought an iPod extension cable from eBay thinking it would work. Something like this:
iPod iPhone Extension Cable 18" Extender 30-Pin Male: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

And it charges my devices but I am unable to use iPod / sat nav through speakers.

Any idea as to why? Any alternatives? I do not want to have a cable running to cigarette lighter and dont want to use Aux In for music as I'm sure the iPod connector has better sound quality.

Thanks.

There are two types of cable.... One that charges and ones that charge and plays music. Looks like you've been sent a duff cable.

Thanks pal. Do you know where I can get the proper cable? Nothing on Apple Store. I only paid £2 for mine as didn't know there were different versions.

No I don't but I have looked at them before for mine but never actually bought one...

Afraid I can't tell you where to get the correct cable, but the one you have probably only carries the USB signals, while the **** in the glove box will need the line out pins connected.

Not sure that's going to work pal as no audio pass through

How do you figure? It says right in the listing that it supports audio, video, and data. As long as the cable is as advertised, it should work perfectly.

How do you figure? It says right in the listing that it supports audio, video, and data. As long as the cable is as advertised, it should work perfectly.

Sorry, was being blind!:(