2.0TFSI Boost Leak?

wuta3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Trying to ensure the car is in top condition before a remap, so bugging everyone with every possible issue!

Anyone had a leaky air pressure noise that sounds like it is coming from the driver's footwell (best way to describe it)? It starts when the turbo spools up and continues after the DV noise for about 4 seconds on throttle lift-off. Sounds sort of like air coming out of a balloon slowly. Can't feel a loss of power, but it does occasionally hesitate after a gear change (though that could be my dodgy shifting).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

Cheers!

Get VCDS and log the boost curve to see it's meeting demand pressures @ wot in 4th gear.

Hi all,

Trying to ensure the car is in top condition before a remap, so bugging everyone with every possible issue!

Anyone had a leaky air pressure noise that sounds like it is coming from the driver's footwell (best way to describe it)? It starts when the turbo spools up and continues after the DV noise for about 4 seconds on throttle lift-off. Sounds sort of like air coming out of a balloon slowly. Can't feel a loss of power, but it does occasionally hesitate after a gear change (though that could be my dodgy shifting).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

Cheers!

Its your DV leaking due to the diaphragm being split. On your age car you will have a Rev C valve, you need to change it to a Rev D.

You can hear it around the pedals as that's where the turbo is.

Its your DV leaking due to the diaphragm being split. On your age car you will have a Rev C valve, you need to change it to a Rev D.

You can hear it around the pedals as that's where the turbo is.

Thanks Audicruiser, do you have a partno for the Rev D ? Cheers!

(found it: V06H 145 710 D)

either a rev d dv or sometimes the seals for the pipes at the ic leak as well

either a rev d dv or sometimes the seals for the pipes at the ic leak as well

I'd advise to replace the DV anyway if a remap is on the cards and at the time of fitting check all pipe work around the turbo and intercooler....