Fitting 2011 LED DRL Headlights to a 2007 S3

Tay

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my headlights to the Led Drls which are from the facelift s3. I currently have the standard Halogen lights and just wondered if they are a straight swap to fit and then just need coding to work?

Any advice would be really appreciated!

You would need the whole front end i.e. bonnet, wings and bumber = big job and not cheap!

Or you can source a B8 A4 LED headlamps and transplant inside the A3's housing... been done.

its transplanting them inside a chinese housing, and its only an option if your car doesnt have xenons already

N8 I have bixenons on pre facelift, now if i install facelift with led drl do i need to change anything? I know the new style have ballast for the LEDs. is it plug and play?

for facelift front end conversion

N8 I have bixenons on pre facelift, now if i install facelift with led drl do i need to change anything? I know the new style have ballast for the LEDs. is it plug and play?

for facelift front end conversion

Yea the are 100% plug and play with coding that is all if you have factory fit bi-xenons, I did this conversion this time last year on my s line that had factory bi-xenons and was plug and play with no errors and everything worked perfect I.e washers and levellers. And your CE will be fine as its already the correct one with yoU having bi-xenons.

Mine is a 2006 s line without xenons would any xenon drl's fit my car without bonnet,bumper,wings ect?

You can fit in the prefacelift bi-xenon headlights which have DRLs in them, then replace the drl bulb or an led bulb like I have here

7860f6eb.jpg

There is no specific ballast for the led drl's, it connects direct to the ce board & if yours are adaptives, then yes new module/s needed.

Yea the are 100% plug and play with coding that is all if you have factory fit bi-xenons, I did this conversion this time last year on my s line that had factory bi-xenons and was plug and play with no errors and everything worked perfect I.e washers and levellers. And your CE will be fine as its already the correct one with yoU having bi-xenons.

No this is not defacto unfortunately, there are some compatibility issues with leveling controllers/ce boards & facelift headlights, they have to be the exact one, prefacelift level controllers arent neccesarily compatible with facelift lights, Phil, myself & N8 can advise on this alone.

Mine is a 2006 s line without xenons would any xenon drl's fit my car without bonnet,bumper,wings ect?

Yes prefacelift from 06-08 will fit on your car but not plugnplay, got number of sets available, give me a shout if of use.

Reactions: N8
nige is the man he will get you sorted like he said, its not cut and dry but between n8 nige and myself we think we have most of the units and compatibility sussed

Yes If you have standard xenon DRL headlights and fit facelift led DRL non adaptives then everything will be fine just as mine was With coding and CE is just fine but if you have adaptives that's what has to be changed as I believe you, N8 and Phil have adaptives.

Do pre facelift xenons have auto levelling built in as my lights now are standard halogens and don't also what else would I need to change?

both lights have the motors built in however hte commands come from the xenon range module and axle sensors, so to go for pre led bi-xenons you will need to change the xenon range module and a rewire of your headlight plugs

to go for the led variant is a bigger kettle of fish and make no mistake it will cost you thousands, trust me, but i just love the facelift especially my dumbo mirrors

both lights have the motors built in however hte commands come from the xenon range module and axle sensors, so to go for pre led bi-xenons you will need to change the xenon range module and a rewire of your headlight plugs

to go for the led variant is a bigger kettle of fish and make no mistake it will cost you thousands, trust me, but i just love the facelift especially my dumbo mirrors

Thanks for the info phil, how much aprox will it cost me to change xenon range module and rewire of headlight plugs?

The modules about 50 quid and the connector is under the cost of a beer, then all you have to do is repin and code a few hours work assuming you have all the stuff ready for the guys, best to drop nigel (nhn) a pm he will get you sorted and come well recommended and he knows his stuff, be patient he is a busy man

The modules about 50 quid and the connector is under the cost of a beer, then all you have to do is repin and code a few hours work assuming you have all the stuff ready for the guys, best to drop nigel (nhn) a pm he will get you sorted and come well recommended and he knows his stuff, be patient he is a busy man

Right thanks again phil I'll get everything sorted and drop Nigel a pm, p.s does the module and connector have to correspond with the year of the lights or year of my car?

depends on the lights your getting you need either 8p one for bixenons, or 4l one not revision a for adaptive facelifts

Yes If you have standard xenon DRL headlights and fit facelift led DRL non adaptives then everything will be fine just as mine was With coding and CE is just fine but if you have adaptives that's what has to be changed as I believe you, N8 and Phil have adaptives.

Again as I stated
No this is not defacto unfortunately, there are some compatibility issues with leveling controllers/ce boards & facelift headlights, they have to be the exact one, prefacelift level controllers arent neccesarily compatible with facelift lights

Just cause yours was, you cant state/assume everyone else's will be aswell, you have no idea what modules are fitted to there cars, so to make statements like this without researching or even checking what others have, is a big mistake, as I advised someone else on this forum, ALWAYS do your RESEARCH & READ, dont assume as thats the mother of all...............

Yes Me, Phil & N8 have all experienced issues with this & yes adaptives are present in these scenario's, but I've worked on numerous cars & its relevant to all, prefacelift bixenons work on variety of levelling controllers & ce boards, but facelift headlights have shown issues & didnt appear to work properly on all prefacelift modules, I thought this needed to be clear before someone reads this & decides to do a job & comes unstuck at some point because of the said info given in this thread.

This all being said the cost of the modules in question aren't expensive in comparison to the conversion

and as you say nige we have all covered this multiple times now, people should really search :0

Nah the ones you put in the front. I also heard you can get a conversion kit from
audi to make your lights look like the new drls, is this true?