Window tints done

Dan Hobley

Reaction score
So far so good, window tints done and might I say very well indeed, not a single issue or bubble. Great guy too and very helpful/friendly.
i do not work for him nor do I know him let alone remember his name, just thought I would give the guy a well deserved memtion. His company is in Camberly and he does vinyls, tints remaps etc and just started out on his own at 21!

So anyways he gave me forum discount which is a bonus. So mods so far are, window tints, remap (shark) and full led bulb conversion (exl rear clusters)

Not sure on the % but there were 4 choices. 4 being limo black. I went for 3. Thinking I shoulda gone one lighter as forgot about the original audi green tints but still looks good...will look better with a clean car :)
will post pics soon :)

get some pics up mate :cool:, i'm getting my tints done next week still not sure what % I want

Before and cleaned:

5e6118f4.jpg

47ebe0e7.jpg

1cbe8796.jpg

After and requires cleaning: don't show up too well as its quite sunny but you can see it

4319ef2f.jpg

8d6383c9.jpg

Just the rear two windows and rear windscreen done. Toying with very light (legal) tint on front two also?

Last edited:
Naughty why? Lol!! The rears are fine as for the fronts they will coincide with law if done. Wouldn't pay money to have them done only to be told to rip them off again. Thanks for the info though but already had it :hi:

tints look good pal, can't wait for mine now

thought it was illegal to have anything at all on front though mate

tints look good pal, can't wait for mine now

thought it was illegal to have anything at all on front though mate

From reading that VOSA document it looks like as long as the tints allow at least 70% light through the windscreen and front side windows then they are ok.

It also looks like it would be illegal for a company to provide anything darker !! Presumably they would have the equipment to check the tint levels applied by the manufacturer and be able to work out the maximum addition allowable ?

Piano black B pillars now to finish the look

Or wrap in gloss black

:thumbsup:

From reading that VOSA document it looks like as long as the tints allow at least 70% light through the windscreen and front side windows then they are ok.

It also looks like it would be illegal for a company to provide anything darker !! Presumably they would have the equipment to check the tint levels applied by the manufacturer and be able to work out the maximum addition allowable ?

Well stated.. I was only looking form15/20% tint to front anyways.

As for b pillars..already awaiting quote for them to be vinyl wrapped gloss black and carbon mirrors :)

I stand corrected. Just I know some companies won't even tint front windows at all.

Just re-read it {yes I know, sad b'stard ! ) and actually the windscreen must allow 75% light through not 70%. Side windows are ok with 70%.

Factory tints are at the max. on screen and front doors, so any more makes them illegal......

The factory windscreen and front glass are already tinted out to the legal limit, although i have tinted the windows all round the car which helps me as my arms burn on sunny days with the standard windows. not legal or advised but its how i have it.

I must admit it wasn't until recently that I knew Audi produced so many vans!

Not sure on the % but there were 4 choices. 4 being limo black. I went for 3. Thinking I shoulda gone one lighter as forgot about the original audi green tints but still looks good...will look better with a clean car :)
will post pics soon :)
the one down from limo black is 15% tints that's what I've got

I am looking at having this done on my S3 and have been quoted £140,which sounds reasonable.Anyone else had their windows tinted this time of year or should i wait until after winter.
The guy who i spoke to says it wont be a problem but will take 2/3days longer to completely dry out..