Interior Door Handle LED's mod

rOb_A

Reaction score
not much spare £££ at the moment but want to keep the modding momentum up, so i'm looking to retro fit some Interior door handle LED's.
Does any have a part number for these? a picture of how they are positioned/installed would be really handy.

If anyone has done this mod, any advise/tips would be appreciated :salute:

There are a few guides kicking about how to do this.

I think RobinA3 sells the kit to do this (very good quality by all accounts) and also created a how to guide. Give his name a search and for puddle light retrofit - have a read through and yuo should soon find it.

yep, i had a look last night and found his link :salute:

Good job!

Let us know how you get on.

I bought both the warning/puddle lights from Robin A3. I asked him to add the wiring for the door handles LEDs and he did.... the quality of the looms are excellent.

I will be able to get you part numbers if you need them as I only did the mod recently to my A3.

Reactions: Pops848
I've got the lighting pack in my car which includes the inner door handle lights, such a cool little feature! :)

I did this a couple of years back, if i remember correctly you need new door handles with the holes and clips in so the LEDS fit, they were quite expensive. Nice effect though along with the centre console LED lighting!

I have these from factory the light is red in the door handles. What colour are the ones robin sells? any pics.

I didnt buy new door handles when i did mine. I just dremel'd the cut out at the top of the door handle... Takes a bit of time to get it to fit well. Probably took around 15 to 20 minutes per handle to get it perfect, but saves a lot of money as no need to buy new handles.

i never get a reply from your man :(,
so Robin is sorting me out :salute: