MY09 audi a3 3 door sline detachable towbar? Anyone got or seen one?

andi1

WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK
Reaction score
Ive a 2009 on shape a3 3 door and needing a tow bar shortly (jet ski) now ive done a search and seen a few folk have fitted the westefella detachable towbar with a special valance on the earlier 2003 - 2008 shape model.

Im wondering if anyone has done it to the 2009 onwards a3 and do audi do a special rear bumper valance with a cut out for the sline?

thanks for any help / pointers

heres another pic

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

I have the same question (though for a 2010 5 door S-line Black Edition). Any help with sorting the correct valance would be much appreciated.

Available from your dealer about £85

Excellent! Is that just the valence and therefore no painting is required?

Can I ask who did the towbar fitting? The Westfalia detachable is what I am after and I contacted PF Jones this week with some questions and all the info I got back was copy and pasted straight from their website and the total cost was a lot more than I was hoping for (Tow bar £175, 13-pin dedicated electronics £199, postage £10, fitting £180, "dealer download" £70).

the dealer download is just coding i think. if you have vcds you can do it yourself or a fellow member who lives near you could code it in for some bear tokens. ilooking at fitting a towbar to my black ed and was put off from only finding a paint section to replace the rear valance untill this tread :).

Excellent! Is that just the valence and therefore no painting is required?

Can I ask who did the towbar fitting? The Westfalia detachable is what I am after and I contacted PF Jones this week with some questions and all the info I got back was copy and pasted straight from their website and the total cost was a lot more than I was hoping for (Tow bar £175, 13-pin dedicated electronics £199, postage £10, fitting £180, "dealer download" £70).

Fitted towbar my self in drive way and valence.

Had electrics wired up by a guy who works for independant in Reading charged £40 and only took 1 hour, 13pins universal elkectrics.

Fitted towbar my self in drive way and valence.

Had electrics wired up by a guy who works for independant in Reading charged £40 and only took 1 hour, 13pins universal elkectrics.

How does the rear valence attached?

Rang TPS today to try and order the rest valance today and there computer says unavailable. Anybody had any luck at ordering one. Or known the part numbers

Last edited:
I did everything my self and a lot cheaper than the quote above. Why does it have to be a Westfalia bar?

2010 A3 Quattro. Didn't fit the special rear valance, cut a rectangle out of the bumper below the bumper insert and it can't be seen unless you are laying on the ground a couple of feet from the car. The electric socket folds up as they all do with detachable tow hooks so that can't be seen either. It's not rocket science to fit the whole lot when using an aftermarket kit and no coding to do.

I've just took a towbar off my 2010 sportback quattro as it were on when I bought it. Whoever fitted it has done as said above by cutting a rectangle out of the valance/bumper which can't be seen unless you're laid on the floor looking under the car.

I've just took a towbar off my 2010 sportback quattro as it were on when I bought it. Whoever fitted it has done as said above by cutting a rectangle out of the valance/bumper which can't be seen unless you're laid on the floor looking under the car.
For some strange reason the Quattro bars are different to the regular 2WD cars, don't know what it is, they look the same as my old 2WD version. You could sell it for more than the regular bars.