S3 do change before remap on 8p? And other advise welcome on 8p tuning

l6rth

Reaction score
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Hi all, haven't been here in a while and I'm thinking of stage 1 mapping my s3, seen people saying you should change the dv first is this the case or is this only needed on older models? I was going to change the filter to a pipe cross panel also and then get an r tech re map.

Any feed back would be most helpful.

Thanks

Rob:idea:

If you have older Rev.C DV I'd be inclined to change it when the old one fails for latest OEM model.

Wouldnt bother with panel filter, the OEM air box is the weak link, not so much the filter. Either CAI or leave as is.

Worth an oil change to give best starting point and ensure car is protected in new running parameters.

On side of unit it should give revision letter, but on a 58 plate it won't have a rubber orange diaphragm. Will be later model.

Airbox smoothing on 1.8T did help, but not seen any reports on 2.0T cars. The airboxes are thin (I've just sawed one up) so buy a spare to do it on.

On side of unit it should give revision letter, but on a 58 plate it won't have a rubber orange diaphragm. Will be later model.

Airbox smoothing on 1.8T did help, but not seen any reports on 2.0T cars. The airboxes are thin (I've just sawed one up) so buy a spare to do it on.
So is the orange diaphragm the best option for the standard dv? Won't bother with air box etc and just get it mapped

Thanks for all you help, you have saved me a few quid.

Rob

The early revision C DV's had a rubber orange diaphragm which over time could split with heat/age.

The revision D DV has a fully solid one piece mechanism, and I ran this variant for 30k with stage 2+ on last car with no issues.

The one your car is the best one so you'll be fine with that, so more money saved. Possibly worth spending the saved £40 on the DV for new plugs to get the very best from the map if they've been in the car from new!

Im currently running with stg 1 and OEM filter and I wouldn't say it restricts it. Sometimes businesses might just want to sell you something extra in this economic climate, so be strong and decide what you want mate. You can always mail order it later.

Last edited:
Although changing intake for something decent will make a difference. Panel filter unfortunately is just a gimmick thing and wont help due to crap OEM air filter design.

Sometimes businesses might just want to sell you something extra in this economic climate, so be strong and decide what you want mate.

He speaks the truth!

In my opinion, if you're sticking with the OEM box, save a few quid and stick with the OEM filter.

Im currently running with stg 1 and OEM filter and I wouldn't say it restricts it. Sometimes businesses might just want to sell you something extra in this economic climate, so be strong and decide what you want mate. You can always mail order it later.

Spot on as ever,Warren.

The stock intake will work up to Stg2 but admittedly not beyond.
Panel filters are a bit of a waste of money and when or if Stg2+ is reached,then you need a good intake to avoid air flow limitation.

I have started a group for bag owners in the east angina area as I could not find one to join, if you know anyone from this area please let the know.

Thanks

Rob

East Angina region will give you chest pain!

Essex and London have plenty of members here.

glad you like the remap :D
don't buy the panel filter as it's useless. enojoy it as it it's and when you want more power buy a decent intake, exhaust and hpfp :D
it makes a big difference :D

pressure instead of performance but yes :D

Don't bother with panel filter. Go for forge twin. There great. I would recommend revo tuning. Mine was great after remap. Save up for hpfp then mIlltek full system. Then stage 2 +. Then you will be flying:salute:

Always a good idea to change plugs when remapping - use OEM or RS2 plugs (1 stage cooler).

Always a good idea to change plugs when remapping - use OEM or RS2 plugs (1 stage cooler).
Most seem to be advising using the OEM plugs,but changing every 5 000 miles or so,and certainly if any full throttle misfires occur.
This is the advice I've followed and the car reliably runs around 500bhp at 2bar.