Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

S3 do change before remap on 8p? And other advise welcome on 8p tuning

Hi all, haven't been here in a while and I'm thinking of stage 1 mapping my s3, seen people saying you should change the dv first is this the case or is this only needed on older models? I was going to change the filter to a pipe cross panel also and then get an r tech re map.

Any feed back would be most helpful.

Thanks

Rob
    L6rth

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    If you have older Rev.C DV I'd be inclined to change it when the old one fails for latest OEM model.

Wouldnt bother with panel filter, the OEM air box is the weak link, not so much the filter. Either CAI or leave as is.

Worth an oil change to give best starting point and ensure car is protected in new running parameters.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Neutral

Status
    It's a 58 plate, how would I know if it's a rev d? Heard of people smoothing the box is that worth it? Don't want to get an induction kit.
    thank for the advise
    rob
    L6rth

Status
    On side of unit it should give revision letter, but on a 58 plate it won't have a rubber orange diaphragm. Will be later model.

Airbox smoothing on 1.8T did help, but not seen any reports on 2.0T cars. The airboxes are thin (I've just sawed one up) so buy a spare to do it on.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    On side of unit it should give revision letter, but on a 58 plate it won't have a rubber orange diaphragm. Will be later model.

Airbox smoothing on 1.8T did help, but not seen any reports on 2.0T cars. The airboxes are thin (I've just sawed one up) so buy a spare to do it on.
    So is the orange diaphragm the best option for the standard dv? Won't bother with air box etc and just get it mapped

Thanks for all you help, you have saved me a few quid.

Rob
    L6rth

Status
    The early revision C DV's had a rubber orange diaphragm which over time could split with heat/age.

The revision D DV has a fully solid one piece mechanism, and I ran this variant for 30k with stage 2+ on last car with no issues.

The one your car is the best one so you'll be fine with that, so more money saved. Possibly worth spending the saved £40 on the DV for new plugs to get the very best from the map if they've been in the car from new!

Neutral

Status
    Going to the ttshop in Bedford tomorrow to get revo'd, he advised me that if I didnt change panel filter it would restrict the map. Soiled be a fun drive home.
    L6rth

Status
    Im currently running with stg 1 and OEM filter and I wouldn't say it restricts it. Sometimes businesses might just want to sell you something extra in this economic climate, so be strong and decide what you want mate. You can always mail order it later.
    Last edited by warren_S3; 10th August 2012 at 09:49.

5th Gear

Status
    Although changing intake for something decent will make a difference. Panel filter unfortunately is just a gimmick thing and wont help due to crap OEM air filter design.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

1st Gear

Status
    Sometimes businesses might just want to sell you something extra in this economic climate, so be strong and decide what you want mate.
    He speaks the truth!

In my opinion, if you're sticking with the OEM box, save a few quid and stick with the OEM filter.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Im currently running with stg 1 and OEM filter and I wouldn't say it restricts it. Sometimes businesses might just want to sell you something extra in this economic climate, so be strong and decide what you want mate. You can always mail order it later.
    Spot on as ever,Warren.

The stock intake will work up to Stg2 but admittedly not beyond.
    Panel filters are a bit of a waste of money and when or if Stg2+ is reached,then you need a good intake to avoid air flow limitation.

Neutral

Status
    Hi all, had the map done and am now running 310bhp, the difference is awesome. Money well spen I think.
    thanks r ll the advise.

Rob
    L6rth

Neutral

Status
    I have started a group for bag owners in the east angina area as I could not find one to join, if you know anyone from this area please let the know.

Thanks

Rob
    L6rth

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by l6rth View Post
    I have started a group for bag owners in the east angina area as I could not find one to join, if you know anyone from this area please let the know.

Thanks

Rob
    East Angina region will give you chest pain!

Essex and London have plenty of members here.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    glad you like the remap :D
    don't buy the panel filter as it's useless. enojoy it as it it's and when you want more power buy a decent intake, exhaust and hpfp :D
    it makes a big difference :D
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Neutral

Status
    Stupid IPad, I mean east Anglia. Hpfp I take is high performance fuel pump?
    L6rth

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    pressure instead of performance but yes :D
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Neutral

Status
    Had the car mapped a few weeks ago and was thinking about an oil change, what bet to put in a tuned s3? And what is t next thing you all would do after a remap
    L6rth

1st Gear

Status
    Don't bother with panel filter. Go for forge twin. There great. I would recommend revo tuning. Mine was great after remap. Save up for hpfp then mIlltek full system. Then stage 2 +. Then you will be flying

Neutral

Status
    Already revo'd and love it, my only concern re induction kit is the sensor in the air box, how do you deal With that?
    L6rth

5th Gear

Status
    It unscrews and bolts into the intake pipe on the new one.

2nd Gear

Status
    Always a good idea to change plugs when remapping - use OEM or RS2 plugs (1 stage cooler).

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nluk100 View Post
    Always a good idea to change plugs when remapping - use OEM or RS2 plugs (1 stage cooler).
    Most seem to be advising using the OEM plugs,but changing every 5 000 miles or so,and certainly if any full throttle misfires occur.
    This is the advice I've followed and the car reliably runs around 500bhp at 2bar.

3rd Gear

Status
    The next stage for you is removing the pre cat and going to a larger down pipe, and an uprated High pressure fuel pump.

Thanks, Rick
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by big harty View Post
    Don't bother with panel filter. Go for forge twin. There great. I would recommend revo tuning. Mine was great after remap. Save up for hpfp then mIlltek full system. Then stage 2 +. Then you will be flying
    then save money to pay your insurer big bucks for all the mods LOL!
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /