N00b question

scotty0189

Prepairing to Land
Reaction score
I spent a while searching for this last night, but couldn't find an answer.

So, all the bits have come for me to do the LED rear end conversion, the NP lights are done and the Kufatec looms and my LED clusters are here and waiting.
I have the offer of someone to code them and I have the coding to do it - all done thanks to the search function - including finding part numbers etc.

So my question is, has anyone seen a 'How to' on fitting them?

Also, if I install them before coding, I know the inners will work OK, but will the outers function like the old lights until coding is done?
Just trying to minimise the amount of time I take up of the member who has offered to code them for me.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Just finished this, looms come with instructions req a tiny bit of soldering and some heat shrink, don't fit them until your ready to code, or buy the kufatec dongle, it was 30 quid and coded the car without having to wait for, or hassle anyone! Just plugs into your port in drivers footwell and flashes in required code, hope this helps, Andy.

Thanks for the advice.

Is the soldering for the inner lights to connect them to the NP lights?

Was it easy enough to do? How do you know which side the looms are for? they have different numbers on the bags, but nothing to do with which side they are for.

Sorry, so many questions!

TIA
Scott

Just finished this, looms come with instructions req a tiny bit of soldering and some heat shrink, don't fit them until your ready to code, or buy the kufatec dongle, it was 30 quid and coded the car without having to wait for, or hassle anyone! Just plugs into your port in drivers footwell and flashes in required code, hope this helps, Andy.

if you plug in the looms without coding you wont get reverse lights either... believe me i have had customers do this before and regretted it.

there are loads of threads that list the coding required and its not hard at all, as for the how to guide its a case of take off the old lights, plug in adapters and put on new lights. the inners need an extra wire connected but search for the threads that already document it if you need

if you plug in the looms without coding you wont get reverse lights either... believe me i have had customers do this before and regretted it.

there are loads of threads that list the coding required and its not hard at all, as for the how to guide its a case of take off the old lights, plug in adapters and put on new lights. the inners need an extra wire connected but search for the threads that already document it if you need

Thanks for the heads up!!

I will just wait until I can code them then.
I have searched through the threads, I was just looking for some images.
I found one thread with the informations on the pins, but I found said that one of the inner light looms should be wired totally different to how it is.
I don't see why it would need to be though. I will try them as they are and see how I get on.

Thanks for the input guys!

Scott

Thanks for the heads up!!

I will just wait until I can code them then.
I have searched through the threads, I was just looking for some images.
I found one thread with the informations on the pins, but I found said that one of the inner light looms should be wired totally different to how it is.
I don't see why it would need to be though. I will try them as they are and see how I get on.

Thanks for the input guys!

Scott

Just make sure you fit the adapters on the correct side - Rechts = Right, Links = Left, & you'll be fine.

The only other thing you may have to do is extend the led tail light wire on the left hand inner loom as it doesn't quite reach far enough if you're going to connect it to the number plate light.

Thanks, I'll buy some more wire!! :)
Mine doesn't actually have that written on the bag - Damn!
Multimeter!