2006 140 Remap

rokape

Reaction score
Hi,

Are there any tuners or mobile tuners you would reccomend (used them) to remap my 2006 140?

My local tuner claims they can get 188HBP out of it, wondering if anyone else can get more? I know these numbers are slightly out, so hoping to find the highest I can.

I'm based in Cornwall, UK.

Thanks!

It's not about the bhp figure, it's about how it drives and how the power is delivered. N8 from Kowalski Details mapped my car, he is a Shark Performance dealer. I'm very very happy with the way car drives, power is great, and flawless delivery all the way to the red line.

Give N8 a shout, as he's got an A3 and his is mapped, driven his car with DSG and delivers the power superbly well, driven the car all the way to Holland & back.

Thanks Karl

Ok thanks for that, good to think about. 'N8 from Kowalski Details' Do they travel?

He'll be at AITP this year if you wanted a day out.

Hear nothing but good things about Shark maps so they must be doing a great job. Wouldnt worry too much about headline figures, it's more about how it drives on the road that is key. BHP figs are just for pub chat !

Just seen the price on their site... about £500 for the map.

Would it really be that good & worth it? I currently have a price of ~£250 for a remap in my head

One of the Shark dealers is doing an anniversary discount, not sure if it's one or all of them.

To be honest cheap remaps are unlikely to have much time or effort invested in the coding and road testing phases. Unfortunately you mostly get what you pay for, and there will be the support that comes with it. The Shark guys wouldnt leave you stranded if you had any complications which can sometimes surface if you map a car later in its life (maps can expose slight inconsistencies in the car more ruthlessly than unmapped cars). Your buying in to a good support network, not just the map.

Reactions: Brodster