The 1.4 TFSI... 8p3... any good?

G

_G_

I'm going to buy my sis a car. She used to drive a VW Passat 1.9 TDi (2006) and is keen to go petrol. As far as I remember it had torque but not as pokey as it could have been.

Are these 1.4 TFSI's any good?
Is it like the VW Polo TSi where as it has the equivalent power of a 1.6 or something? Does it have a small turbo and super charge combination?

Cheers

Good and reliable I think and a good blend of performance and economy.

They are have just a turbo, no supercharger combo and produce 125bhp.

I had one of these last year as a courtesy car when mine went in for a service. I have to say i was very impressed, as said above very good compromise between performance and economy. Great for nipping around town in.

I had one of these last year as a courtesy car when mine went in for a service. I have to say i was very impressed, as said above very good compromise between performance and economy. Great for nipping around town in.

Ditto, I had a DSG one. wasn't half bad to be honest.

The 180PS versions in the Ibiza Cupra / Polo GTi seem to be more trouble prone, but the standard turbo models seem much better. I don't think there has been much change to the 1.4 block in the last 10 years so it should be fairly well sorted other than in the stretched models.

I've read quite a lot of threads about issues (SEATCUPRA.net) on the twin charger versions, excessive oil consumption (>1 litre per 1000 miles), misfires and fuelling issues (and even faulty wiring). On a brand new car it's not great when you expect hassle free motoring.