Cruise control for a 1.6tdi

Jambo26

Reaction score
My dads asked me how easy cc is to install on hill 2010 1.6tdi a3. what parts wouldi need for doing this??

you want to be talking to NHN, dannykn9 or ash187

Youll need stalk, bottom cowling and some coding.

Steering wheel off job.

Last edited by a moderator:
sound abit like the crafter i did at work the other week apart from the local vw dealer had to get the coding from vw in germany:(. i got the kit from TPS. do you know if TPS do a kit for this. il give NHN a pm now.

cheers

all in all i think it will roughly cost £170 fully fitted.

Huntingdon Audi on ebay sell the kit for about £100. It's easy to install, many sites showing how to. But when installed two modules needs coding by VCDS but again sites tell you which and how to.
Took me about an hour to install cc on my A3.
Your car is a 2010 which may require an upgraded module.

This is for a 2009 onwards A3
Audi A3 (8P) TT (8J) 2009 onwards Cruise Control & Trim | eBay

Last edited:
Your car is a 2010 which may require an upgraded module.

This is for a 2003 ~ 2009 A3
Genuine Audi A3 8P Cruise Control Kit 2003-2009 | eBay

As long as he has the trip computer at a minimum then no upgraded module is needed.

Also that kit on eBay is as stated for 2003-2009.
He will need the newer kit for June 2009 onwards. Difference between two kits are the high beam stalk, the later one is spring loaded so therefore returns to middle when high beam is activated as apposed to it staying forward on the older models.

Yes, coding is needed which can only be done by dealers or by VCDS.
If you were in in around London I could have supplied and fit for a very reasonable price :)

As you are so far North how about contacting Johnny (jobo)
he should be able to fit and code it. fitting the parts is half the job and it isnt that big a deal with all the guides available here on the site. but without the fault clearing and the coding you will find that you wont be able to drive the car at all

Cheers guys.

I'm a 2hr drive from Carlisle so Im most likely the closest retrofitter to you.

I actually stopped off in Carlisle last Saturday for a bite to eat in Nandos!