Not bothering with 19'' gonna stick with 18'' :p

mattyboy_82

Reaction score
As above after reading some threads think im gonna stick with 18'' now i suppose it gives me a slightly better budget but think what i might do is get some 18s next week and maybe a set of jom coilovers i know there budget but knowing me prob upgrade after about year anyway, still deciding on what wheels thou arrggghhhhhhh :(

OEM Rotors with a set of Eibach 50/40, job done :yum:

lm-gold.jpg

lol what about these to be different?

thing is thou mate as my car is s line with the springs will it look low enough when u can get coilies for under £200

would the wheels have to be 8j or 8.5 j? baring in mind i will be lowering it either on springs or coilovers, would 225/40/18 be fine once lowered or does it have to be 215/40/18?

being a BE my car had a s line spring setup, the eibach make the car sit just right imo, not too low but better than the original springs. I have had no trouble with leaving the 225/40/18's on.
to be honest not keen on both sets of wheels but remember its your car and £££, so as long as you happy thats what matters Matty

suppose ye mate, i wanna go for the after market look it will either be a complete black wheel or maybe black wheel with a silver dish or lip i guess its marmite really cheers thou mate

Nice wheels boyo however with tyres its gonna go way over budget mate, does gun metal look better on white or does gloss black look better? ive seen so many pics cant make my mind up to be honest

can't you keep your own tyres? whats your budget? sure others on here will help your get the best value for your ££

how about the wheels in my avatar pic i have 5 for sale with very good tyres ;)

There more of the oem look where as ive just decided to go for the after market look i think, also gonna order either eibach sport lines or maybe a set of jom coilovers as im not sure whether the sport lines would look low enough on s line suspension

sure you get it sorted lad :salute: just got to decide what you want, then get them fitted

This is pretty much what I'm getting except they will be 18x9 so we can get a bit more rubber down.

Should allow 245x40 with R888 tyres to get around the traction problems. Lol

Very nice lad :thumbsup: you putting on R888? track or road? use to A048's on my Elise S2, very sticky but didnt last long. Has anyone fitted Parada's on here? You'll have to get some pics posted once you have them fitted.

Few people have used Paradas and I've used Yokos previously but am quite happy with Toyo R1Rs right now.

These would be aimed at both road and occasional track use.
The car has so much torque that the TC (if on) will come on up to 3rd gear and more so a bit more rubber would be useful.

Few people have used Paradas and I've used Yokos previously but am quite happy with Toyo R1Rs right now.

These would be aimed at both road and occasional track use.
The car has so much torque that the TC (if on) will come on up to 3rd gear and more so a bit more rubber would be useful.

Ppl not find parada's any good for the A3 as a good all rounder?

Yep have read good reports on the R888's, loads of grip :yes: too good for my 140 oil burner :laugh:

Not sure.
I don't think any of these types of tyre are good all rounders as they're too much aimed towards dry grip.

The wet grip can be pretty ok but never as good as a proper road tyre.

would be nice if they did them in 19's :yum:

All of the advice is that 19s don't handle as well.
The only reason for fitting the same thing that the BTCC use is to improve that and I went with the advice from AMD.