Hit me with your thoughts ladies.......s3 owner

s33nyboy12

Reaction score
So I currently have an 8l and love it, one of the best cars iv had out of the 24 I've owned the only one I want to keep.
However I'm craving a new car now and have seen this:

Audi S3 2.0T FSI 2007/57 Quattro | eBay

What do you think, I'm considering a ready modded car as I always buy a STD car and spend £0000s on them , this one is where I'm sort of aiming bhp wise. Anyone else running this software and upgrades, are they good?

I originally wanted a scooby as a new toy but you can't just nip to the shops in one the ride is so hard and not very useable unless thrashing ( 2007 sti impreza ppp) but I'm hoping something like an 8p s3 running 330+ bhp will be loads better.....

Cheers, Sean

24 cars... do you change twice a year? i thought id had a few cars, how old are you lad?
I like the colour of the S3 :yes: just not sure id go for a pre-modded car unless i knew the owner/history

If you can a proper history of the mods, and you feel comfortable relying on someone else's work then go for it. Be aware of the additional costs involved with running a modded S3 though - insurance, clutch etc.

That s3 you like is gorgeous. It has a lovely interior ;)

24 cars... do you change twice a year? i thought id had a few cars, how old are you lad?
I like the colour of the S3 :yes: just not sure id go for a pre-modded car unless i knew the owner/history

I'm 23 now and just love cars, at some points I've had 3 at a time ( I mean cars!) yeh I see what people are saying , pre modded ect but I would plan on going to that sort of bhp....... I normally buy them standard then put a fortune into them, I've been readin a bit on 8p threads and it seems uprated clutch is a must! Yeh I would ask who did the work ect then ring them to confirm. Plus borrow a vcds scan it. I read a buying guide on here but wasn't too comprehensive, any common faults that are very costly???

The only good thing about having so many cars is at 23 I can insure the one in link for £970 fully comp ( my company ins) for the year with immob.

Anyone running stage 2 revo got and negatives to say about it ?

Cheers, Sean

If you can a proper history of the mods, and you feel comfortable relying on someone else's work then go for it. Be aware of the additional costs involved with running a modded S3 though - insurance, clutch etc.

What's yours like at 317bhp mate? Do you think would feel as fast as a 310bhp scooby sti hawk eye??? Any clutch slippage under load?? What's your mpg lol?

Cheers, Sean

What's yours like at 317bhp mate? Do you think would feel as fast as a 310bhp scooby sti hawk eye??? Any clutch slippage under load?? What's your mpg lol?

Cheers, Sean

It's not mapped with the same delivery or character as a Scooby, and it's heavier too so doesn't feel as quick, and probably isn't as quick either. MPG is usually low 20s, but I do a lot of in-town driving and mainly short trips. My cousin's got an STi and it's much more raw, more of a thump under full load. Interior is night and day though, I wouldn't want to spend any length of time in a Scooby, but the S3 is a lovely place to sit.

Zero clutch slip.

Surely yours mapped would run 360 bhp ish......

Thanks for response anyway, and yeh other than raw power it was a horrible car to drive!

Cheers, Sean

It came to me allegedly unmapped, and the plan was to go for stage 2+ but then had it on rollers (expecting to see around 280) and it made 317 so must have been mapped when I bought it.

It came to me allegedly unmapped, and the plan was to go for stage 2+ but then had it on rollers (expecting to see around 280) and it made 317 so must have been mapped when I bought it.

Slightly off topic... how come your name on the left there is in orange?

You need to know everything about it.

Who modified it,who looked after it,how often was it serviced,and all of the bills.

Otherwise you could easily be buying a heap of trouble.

A well looked after modified car can be very tough and reliable but one that's been turned up and burned will be anything but.

Also.....360-380 bhp is the ragged edge of a K04 and will mean the turbo had been running at its limits plus you should also expect mods like a catch can.
Otherwise... Walk away.

Reactions: _G_
You need to know everything about it.

Who modified it,who looked after it,how often was it serviced,and all of the bills.

Otherwise you could easily be buying a heap of trouble.

A well looked after modified car can be very tough and reliable but one that's been turned up and burned will be anything but.

Also.....360-380 bhp is the ragged edge of a K04 and will mean the turbo had been running at its limits plus you should also expect mods like a catch can.
Otherwise... Walk away.

Very helpful, thank you all.

nice.. go see it.. check it out properly

ditto the guy with the gorgeous dog