Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mjr901
  • 1 Post By mjr901

Thread: Help please on choice of audis.

Reverse Gear

Status

Help please on choice of audis.

Hi all,
    I could do with a little help or reassurance, I'm buying a Audi a3 as a second car to my mustang,
    so I have the option of a:
    2005 A3 2.0T sport dsg 103k now I'd like this but is the mileage ok for a petrol turbo if it was diesel it wouldn't bother me car is £4000 I'd like this car but as said mileage puts me off a little, it does have Fdsh.
    next car is a A3 2.0 tdi dsg 106k sline model this is £4500 it's my first dsg and fancy giving it ago,
    or my last option is a A3 3.2 v6 80k I like th idea of Quattro and they seems to be kitted out more this is at £4300,
    so if anyone has any input to help me out I'd be very grateful I'm pretty stuck I only have this budget due to it being a run around kinda of car.seen other cars but are manuals and I think I fancy a dsg.
    thanks all stu.

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Given your choice....

Choice number one - Mileage is a bit high for my liking, but if serviced well, there should be no problem.

Choice number two - The TDI, generally i see a hell of a lot problems with the older versions of these, Particularly turbo failure, which is expensive. They are a good car yes, but take a bit of looking after at that age and personally i'd stay away.

The 3.2..... Great noise, silky smooth, as long as its had the recall update from Audi to fix its funny idle, Mileage is fine as long as quattro had its 40k service etc, Would be my choice from the 3.

As you have mustang.. fuel economy shouldnt be an issue for you...the 3.2 isnt renowned for being great on fuel...

Good luck.
    rmstu likes this.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for your input that's great,thank god for these forums some good advice to be had.I'm shocked out of the three I have to choose from I'd of thought the TDI would be top for reliability and petrol at bottom I'm very tempted by the 3.2 can't best a good old v6 lump.
    Thanks again.

Status
    I have seen so many threads of these older TDI's going wrong, whether it's the turbo going pop, injectors, or a porous cylinder heads.

The 3.2 seems pretty damn good to be honest, with relatively few posts with major problems with them.

All cars are bound to have problems, but from what I can see, the 3.2 seems pretty good.

Do have a look at the 2.0T. it's a good car, weigh up the extras from each and go for the best.
    rmstu likes this.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    3.2 has chain problems at high mileage I believe!

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Status
    look here, a sign of a stretched chain can be seen on VAGCOM and you can hear it.

i wouldnt worry too much about it, its very occasional.

here you go..
    3.2 Timing Chain.