Help please on choice of audis.

rmstu

Reaction score
Hi all,
I could do with a little help or reassurance, I'm buying a Audi a3 as a second car to my mustang,
so I have the option of a:
2005 A3 2.0T sport dsg 103k now I'd like this but is the mileage ok for a petrol turbo if it was diesel it wouldn't bother me car is £4000 I'd like this car but as said mileage puts me off a little, it does have Fdsh.
next car is a A3 2.0 tdi dsg 106k sline model this is £4500 it's my first dsg and fancy giving it ago,
or my last option is a A3 3.2 v6 80k I like th idea of Quattro and they seems to be kitted out more this is at £4300,
so if anyone has any input to help me out I'd be very grateful I'm pretty stuck I only have this budget due to it being a run around kinda of car.seen other cars but are manuals and I think I fancy a dsg.
thanks all stu.

Given your choice....

Choice number one - Mileage is a bit high for my liking, but if serviced well, there should be no problem.

Choice number two - The TDI, generally i see a hell of a lot problems with the older versions of these, Particularly turbo failure, which is expensive. They are a good car yes, but take a bit of looking after at that age and personally i'd stay away.

The 3.2..... Great noise, silky smooth, as long as its had the recall update from Audi to fix its funny idle, Mileage is fine as long as quattro had its 40k service etc, Would be my choice from the 3.

As you have mustang.. fuel economy shouldnt be an issue for you...the 3.2 isnt renowned for being great on fuel... ;)

Good luck.

Reactions: rmstu
Thanks for your input that's great,thank god for these forums some good advice to be had.I'm shocked out of the three I have to choose from I'd of thought the TDI would be top for reliability and petrol at bottom I'm very tempted by the 3.2 can't best a good old v6 lump.
Thanks again.

I have seen so many threads of these older TDI's going wrong, whether it's the turbo going pop, injectors, or a porous cylinder heads.

The 3.2 seems pretty damn good to be honest, with relatively few posts with major problems with them.

All cars are bound to have problems, but from what I can see, the 3.2 seems pretty good.

Do have a look at the 2.0T. it's a good car, weigh up the extras from each and go for the best.

Reactions: rmstu